Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Reissue...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bkuipers, Jun 14, 2004.

1. bkuipers

bkuipers

Nov 30, 2003
    A local music store has an American Reissue forsale.

I found this pic online:

http://www.station-music.de/images/bass/instrumente/fen10100201.jpg

He told me it was a 75, but from what I found, it looks more like a 1970 reissue (however, I can only find a couple pictures online). Can anyone provide me any information on this guitar. It comes with the chrome ash-tray and pickup cover and a vintage looking case which is orange inside. It has a serial number (200') and says it's only 1 of 90 or 80, I forget in this color. He is asking 900 bucks for it. I love playing it, but I just would like to make sure I am getting what I am paying for..

Best Regards....

Brian

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    It's a '75 reish. If he's asking $900 for it, get it!!!!! That's a damn good price. I think Pyhor has one in the same color.

[​IMG]

3. 6-3-2

6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    I love the painted headstock with the block inlays, that's the best looking Fender J combo to me.

4. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    Thats really nice looking! I didnt know they made a red 75 reissue... If you played it and you like it I say go for it! Thats a great price.

You could always email Fender to make sure its genuine.

5. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Yes, the Chuckster is right! I do own one. That bass is a 75R.I. and the first of the three painted headstock basses to come out, the other two being white and one blue. The last two are marketed as 70's re-issue while mine (the red one) is actually sold as a 75R.I. The sku tag, and the hang tags say 75R.I. like the natural, sunburst and black one. Only 200 where produced (Fender told me this) and were slated to go overseas, thus no country of origin on bass(not needed to be shipped overseas). Only 60 made the trip and 140 stayed here. The bass was sold as a 75R.I. special edition fsr (factory special run). Get one and hold on to it!

This bass is Made in Corona!

6. metron

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    Get out of the way bkuipers! Its mine! ;) :D

7. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Beautiful bass. I have a '75 RI from the vintage series (the natural) and I absolutely love it. Buy it for sure!

8. byrdsfan

byrdsfan

Feb 9, 2004
    L.I.
    I have a 57 P Reissue. It's great.
    I was just reading high praise of the Reissue series in general and the guy said the luxurious finish also makes a difference in the tone. I've only seen two in person, both Ps. The other was a sunburst at a Music Store and it was unbelievable. It's like the difference between a car in a parking lot and a custom job at car show.

9. JohanSlammeat

JohanSlammeat

Jun 14, 2004
    Goldsboro
    :bassist: Man...that bass is one of the coolest basses I have ever seen...I wish I new how to play the bass guitar so I could have something cool like that. Maybe one day I will be cool like the BKuipers.

10. JohanSlammeat

JohanSlammeat

Jun 14, 2004
    Goldsboro
    I just got off the phone with one of the greatest bass sodomizers of the 21st century, a guy named that calls himself "The Dave". He says you got a great deal and should start pimpin that thing out amongst all us underlings...

11. bkuipers

bkuipers

Nov 30, 2003
    Thank you everyone for the input. I check the sku tag and it read 75 jazz bass... So, out the door it went.... :p It had been in the store for a little over 3 years.. A little high priced for the town I live in here in North Carolina. JohanSlammeat should have grabbed it!

I love it!!!!..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Nice score! Heh, I like that case. Looks like a reissue of the old Fender cases that came along with em back in the day. How's that for historical accuracy?

13. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Actually mine came in a tan case w/orange interior, It also came with ashtray's (pup covers) strap, wrenches and cord. I have a MIA dlx jazz that came with a case like that one. As for that bass being there for three years, don't believe that. That bass came out in the summer of 2002, I got mine October 02.

14. bkuipers

bkuipers

Nov 30, 2003

2002 Sounds about right. The 3 year statement was a guess on my part. I could never keep track of time very well. Everything is a blur :) .. This one came with the ashtray and pup cover, but no starp, wrench, or cord... I'll go complain :)

15. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    MAN I'd love to have one of those in CAR and/or LPB! How did those limited-run '75 manage to slip past me?!?! :bawl:

16. Beautiful bass :D

I have a LPB one, and it's gorgeous...you might want to check out the truss rod to make sure every thing is ok. Me along with at least one other owner in here has had faulty ones. :meh:

17. metron

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    :crying: You beat me to it. That is a great looking bass and I dont even like red or matching headstocks. This bass has me converted! ;) Put the covers on and it will be complete! :bassist:

18. I've liked a few of the American made reissue Jazz' I've played. I didn't like one, and I think that was a custom shop model. I played it at Mars (there's the beginning...) and it was a Metallic Blue Ice finish with a matching headstock. It just didn't seem like a lot of attention to detail was given to it.

I don't mean to be a kill joy, but I prefer the look of a "normal" headstock face to a "matching" face.

19. metron

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    Cmon you dont like the red even a little? Ive never been a fan of matching headstocks but this one I like! :cool:

20. Oh, I like the red! ;)

(When I was growing up, the guy across the street used to race motocross- when he got his new bike, I asked him why he got a red one. His reply: "Red means fast.")

I just prefer without the matching headstock. Not that the matching headstock is bad!!!