Fender replacement necks.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Whafrodamus, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Does fender offer replacement necks? I'm thinking of getting a Jazz as my co-bass, and was thinking of putting a '75 Jazz reissue neck on it. I just love the look :).. Does fender offer these? If so, where can they be found and at what price?
  2. If you mean a jazz neck with block inlays, they are made. Warmoth and allparts are two companies I know that offer necks with block inlays.
  3. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Bleh. I know warmoth offers necks.. But I speak of fender necks.. Manufactured by Fender.
  4. um... the only way you can get a block inlayed fender neck, is if you buy a late 60's/70's one used. Fender doesnt sell them new, but why does it matter?? Warmoth makes better necks anyway.
  5. Oh ofcourse, cause Fender manufactures a higher quality product then warmoth... and Im sure it will cost less too.:rolleyes:

If you want the blocks, your options are pretty limited.

P.S.- Learn to take help a little more graciously.
  6. steve_man

May 15, 2002
    a lot of people just beef up a geddy lee sig or marcus sig.

they're a great price too.
  7. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

That's right in my neighborhood!! Literally right around the corner! She works out of her home and is so busy she turns away work! You have to make an appointment with her!
  8. bwbass

May 6, 2002
    To clarify: WD, ourselves, and others are able to make replacement necks with the Fender peghead under a licensing agreement with Fender. It prohibits us from putting any decal or logo in the traditional Fender name-place on the headstock (where else would you put one?), selling them in assembled instruments or kits, or showing them assembled. Presumably this is to prevent third-party manufacturers from creating knock-offs which appear to be geniune Fender products to the customer.

We build our own necks here in the US, by the way, where other companies import them from overseas. A look at our shop>
  9. Her name is Marguerite Pastella , Owner/Luthier and she does excellent work!
    Email addy is........

bwbass, thanks for clarifying that decal situation for us, I knew the law but thought I would share with others who are looking for replacement necks!

Nice of you to drop by TB.

The shop tour was pretty Kewl! Thanks for the link!

10. soularis

Jul 3, 2003
    Illinois, USA
    So have anyone tried to replace a neck on their Fender with the All-Parts one? Any difference in tone for better or worse?

Is it worth doing at all? :rolleyes:
  11. Niskamies

Jan 13, 2004
    Just buy the re-issue, or save some money and buy the real thing. Mid-70's Fenders are way better than new Fenders, and they don't cost too much. At least here in Finland you could get a mid-70's Jazz Bass for 1500 euros or even lower. And Warwoth necks are way better than fender necks.