SOLD Fender Road Worn Flea Signature '61 Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Britbonic, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Britbonic

Britbonic Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Price:
    Strings:
    I've really enjoyed playing this bass and had no plans to sell till an opportunity to purchase an amazing 75 Jazz bass (not reissue) suddenly appeared. Not usually a fan of the relic'd thing but putting that aside everything else about this bass is great.

It's super lightweight at 8 lbs 4 oz, has the US made Pure Vintage pickups and the stacked tone and volume setup. Really wish more basses had that feature. So many more tone options. Also they did a great job on the neck profile - feels just perfect for 4 string jazz.

Recent setup and strings. Includes Fender gig bag, hang tags and case candy.

$900 shipped and No trades.

IMG_6632.md.jpg IMG_6584.md.jpg

IMG_6581.jpg

IMG_6593.jpg
    IMG_6577.jpg
    IMG_6583.md.jpg
    IMG_6592.md.jpg
    IMG_6591.md.jpg
    IMG_6631.md.jpg

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    R&B, maplenecked, totallywink and 3 others like this.
  2. Nice, looks like it has been rode hard....lol

3. maplenecked

maplenecked

Dec 1, 2017
    Honolulu
    Did you add that grounding strap?

4. Britbonic

Jun 20, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    I’m the 2nd owner. The original owner added it to make it look more like a real 61 jazz

maplenecked likes this.
  5. prelude-111

prelude-111

Sep 5, 2017
    Any neck dive - standing or seated, with or without strap? thanks!

6. Britbonic

Jun 20, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    No.

And since you asked, I tested it out. Standing with a strap, the bass is nicely balanced and hangs straight - no neck dive. And none without a strap since I had to hold it with 2 hands ;)

Sitting without a strap is not really a fair measure since when you sit, the bass is typically balancing on your right leg and that tends to throw off the balance. Even more so if you're not wearing a strap.

For comparison, I did the same test with a couple of other basses I have and would say the Flea bass is much more balanced than the others I tested.

7. prelude-111

prelude-111

Sep 5, 2017
    LOL about standing with no strap. And thanks for checking. Pet peeve of mine to need to support the neck with my fretting hand when standing (almost always with a strap ) I agree about balance when sitting.

8. Britbonic

Jun 20, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Haha yeah sure no problem. Great bass, nicely balanced, so comfortable to play. Wish I could keep it but GAS getting the best of me.

9. Britbonic

Jun 20, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Sale pending!

10. Britbonic

Jun 20, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Sold and shipped!

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 21, 2022