Fender Road Worn Jazz bass 60s fit and finish question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bobome, Dec 30, 2015.

1. bobome

bobome

Jan 27, 2012
    Hi everyone - i got a great deal on a new Fender Road Worn Jazz Bass 60s and i was wondering is the gap between the neck and the body (side) was part of the Worn look. I can fit a 026 (0.66 mm) feeler gauge there. See attached picture.

Does anyone own the same model here and do you have a similar issue? IMG_0854.jpg

2. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Mine doesn't really have that, from what I could tell, but it's not the tightest neck pocket either. Not a big deal nor a deal breaker to me. It still sounds and plays great. I enjoy it as much the boutiques I've owned in the past. Don't let it bother you, my opinion. I don't expect crazy tight neck joints in this price range anyway, though there are enough basses that do have them (Carvin for instance)

You can also loosen the bolts a bit and shift it over if you need to. Better transference on the E string side as opposed to the G-string side.

3. nerkoids

nerkoids

Jan 3, 2014
    Montreal
    If everything lines up, and nothing shifts, then put a small shim of something, and enjoy.

4. nerkoids

nerkoids

Jan 3, 2014
    Montreal
    BTW, thanks for that shot of tort. I can make it through the rest of the year now.... mmm.... tort!

5. bobome

bobome

Jan 27, 2012
    Good advice. Thanks for that Hans.

6. bobome

bobome

Jan 27, 2012
    I think i'll do just that. Was about to finally instal my work bench to get into mods so that will be my first task. Oh yeah and tort rules. So do cats.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021