1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale/Trade Fender Road Worn Jazz Bass Neck (Rosewood)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Thibby, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Thibby

Thibby Supporting Member

May 2, 2015
    New Orleans
    Price:
    $275
    Up for sale is the neck from my Fender Road Worn Jazz bass, I'll ship the string tree with it but I'm keeping the tuners. I bought this neck from the Stratosphere in 2017 for my jazz bass build, but I've come to find I prefer thicker U and C necks. It's still in good shape, I've mainly used GHS Precision Flats 45-95 over the last two years so the frets are in good condition and I've kept the fingerboard oiled. I've had DR Fat Beams on it for the last week with minimal playtime

A fair warning about this neck - it's not that strong. I set it up with GHS Precision Flats 45-105 when I first got it and even those were a bit too much for it and resulted in too high an action. I slipped a washer on the truss rod and it still has a bit of turn left in it. I've also used T.I. Jazz Flats and the current DR Fat Beams with low action

Only trades I'm looking for are thicker bound and blocked 70's classic jazz necks, pau ferro or maple.

$275 sipped CONUS via PayPal
    IMG_3102.jpg

pedroditz likes this.
  2. iammr2

iammr2

Jun 10, 2002
    Tejas
    Roadworn J's have pau ferro fretboards. Not rosewood.

3. Thibby

Thibby Supporting Member

May 2, 2015
    New Orleans
    This is an older model from 2017, before the CITES regulation.

4. KJMO

KJMO

Feb 6, 2015
    I have an older one that I believe is rosewood also (whatever rosewood actually is). Fender actually listed it as rosewood for a while, so I have always thought the darker ones (some are lighter colored) are probably rosewood. Mine looks absolutely nothing like the pau ferro on my mustang p/j, so I guess it's possible it's just dyed heavily, but even if it has been, the grain and texture is completely different. I guess what is called pau ferro might differ a lot too.

5. iammr2

iammr2

Jun 10, 2002
    Tejas
    I just talked to Fender. They said it was rosewood from '09 to '17. I stand corrected.

6. Kukulkan61

Kukulkan61 Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    You stand correctedSir, CAF3378A-8D02-42D4-A086-3A6C9A76DFAA.jpeg this is Rosewood also 2008..

7. iammr2

iammr2

Jun 10, 2002
    Tejas
    Yeah, read post #5. Aren't you glad you got that comment in?

8. Kukulkan61

Kukulkan61 Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    Yup....