1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Fender Road Worn Jazz in Fiesta Red $675 shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by elolomet, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elolomet

elolomet Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Fender Road Worn Jazz in Fiesta Red shipped in a (well used)Deluxe gig bag...
    Bass sounds and plays great... Without weighing I would guess 8-8.5...Very light...
    Here's why the price is so low :ninja:
    Complete disclosure- If you like medium/low or higher action this is the bass for you but if you require super low action then forget it as I have not been able to achieve without buzzing... I took it to my tech and he even put a collet under the nut which helped to get a little more turn out of the truss rod and now the neck is nice and flat from the 1st to twelfth fret but there is a small bump on the last few frets that still prevents me from "super" low action... He thinks I'm being overly critical but I am what I am...
    Again, the bass is currently set up for what I would consider "average"low action this won't be a problem for most and the truss works fine...
    Maybe sanding the last few frets further will correct this but I'm moving on... Looking for a Geddy bass :)
    I'm located just outside of Charlotte,NC if anyone would like to give it a test drive!
    $675 shipped and insured to lower 48th!!!

Attached Files:

2. elolomet

Jul 1, 2009
    Just bought a Geddy bass so this baby has to go...
    $640 shipped this weekend!!!!

3. rossiman

rossiman

Aug 12, 2011
    Chicago
    I like what I see but im a low action guy and cant afford tech fret work :/ plus been holding out for an Oly RI, but these basses are nice playing and light

4. lowendmafia

lowendmafia Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sacramento, California
    Super deal!

5. Tonegasm

Tonegasm

Mar 22, 2010
    NJ
    Any way to get a photo of the fretboard bump?

6. acoustibass

acoustibass

Sep 24, 2007
    St. Paul, MN
    the same for me... unfortunately but, where are you located?
    I'd like to check it out if you're local.

7. elolomet

Jul 1, 2009
    I'll be home in a few and will try to take a few more pics ;)

8. elolomet

Jul 1, 2009
    I'm in beautiful Shelby,NC ;)

9. acoustibass

acoustibass

Sep 24, 2007
    St. Paul, MN
    too far for sure, I owned one and loved it.

10. elolomet

Jul 1, 2009
    Thanks for the kind words, guys... This really is a nice,great sounding bass and I'm sure that I have prolly over-emphasized it's shortcomings but I just want to share as best I can...
    Fact of the matter is this bass prolly plays better than most hanging up in your local Guitar Center anyway...
    Hope these pics help... 17th fret and up is where I get the buzz when I set the action really low...
    Thanks ;)

Attached Files:

11. So your tech didn't think a fret level was in order? Just curious.

12. elolomet

Jul 1, 2009
    Fret level the same as a fall away fret dress?
    This is what was done... I think my tech is pretty darn good and that he has done a good job but I like very low action and I don't feel like I am going to be satisfied with it as is...
    I am no guitar guru but I have had others play it and they thought it felt just fine...

Attached Files:

13. elolomet

Jul 1, 2009
    $640 shipped BUMP!

14. elolomet

Jul 1, 2009
    Sold...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.