1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Fender Road Worn / Nate Mendel Precision

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by haystack55, Jul 17, 2017.

1. haystack55

haystack55 Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Price:
    Strings:
    IMG_0161.JPG IMG_0165.JPG IMG_0164.JPG IMG_0163.JPG IMG_0162.JPG
    IMG_0161.JPG
    Up for sale is my Fender 50s Road Worn Precision Bass / Nate Mendel hybrid bass.

Here's the specs:

Fender 50s Road Worn Precision alder bass body in 2 tone sunburst, with these upgrades:
    WD black 10 hole pickguard - brand new
    Fender Original '62 pickup
    Mojotone wiring harness(vitamin T .047 uf cap)

2013 Fender Nate Mendel Precision Bass neck, which is modeled after a 1971 Precision.
    7.25" radius, slim-C profile, 1.615" nut width, urethane finish, rosewood board, with 70's Schaller type elephant ear tuners and vintage script on the headstock.

My idea here was to create a modern bass with some 70s mojo, which I think I accomplished pretty well. The Mojotone circuit and '62 pickup give this thing some seriously nice tone and it plays super easy. The parts were purchased used with some play wear but I've put very little mileage on it since I put it together and as a result there's very little overall wear on the bass, frets included.

The case I have for it is a weird, not-sure-if-it's-genuine Fender branded plastic case. It looks like a regular tolex case but there's very little padding on the inside. The bass doesn't move much in there but again, not sure how it'll travel.

Not really looking for anything in trade. I'd prefer to sell the bass together, but will consider parting it out after some time passes.

I've got this listed at $750 locally, but for the Talkbass community it's $700 Paypal or postal money order + actual shipping, to CONUS only.

tat2clod, d00dr, Dark Horse and 2 others like this.
  2. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    This is a P-bass to end all P-basses!

pjbassist and haystack55 like this.
  3. XJ_Wheeler

XJ_Wheeler

Oct 20, 2016
    Very cool. I have the sibling...Nate Mendel body with the 50s/RW neck. Picked it up about a year ago. The neck is a 2010. It has been my go to bass for the majority of gigs.

haystack55 likes this.
  4. haystack55

haystack55 Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2011
    Houston, TX
    bass is sold!