1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender road worn p vs lakland "duck" p

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 550trav, Apr 25, 2009.

1. 550trav

550trav

Mar 14, 2009
    I had a chance to a/b a new road worn p and my lakland skyline duck dunn p through a eden e 300 t and here are my thoughts : fender was set up nicely had a nice sound but felt dry to me.the action was ok ,intonation good but i found i couldnt get that p growl i was lookin for.
    lakland duck dunn : insantly spoke out , loads of bottom ,punch and clarity it just creamed the fender (imo)
    ive only had the duck for a few weeks and was considering a road worn I have no regets what so ever that I chose the lakland. The set up,fret work and intonation were flawless out of the box.
    as for the amp I set it flat to get a good comparison .
    for the price I would choose and did lakland over the fender I cant see paying the extra $$ for something I can wear out on my own. :smug:

2. Ezbass

Ezbass

Apr 3, 2008
    U.K.
    I did a side by side on a Road Worn and a Skyline Bob Glaub (which was more expensive) and I preferred the RW, it just felt and sounded more like home to me. Just as well we all find different things that please us though otherwise we'd be playing the same bass, have the same sound and be playing the same songs :D Enjoy the DD, I've played them too and they are a fine instrument.

3. Polk Salad

Polk Salad Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2007
    I've owned both the Glaub and the Duck and I could never get into the Glaub. The DD model is beautiful and a very easy instrument to play.