1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Road Worn Precision Bass Loaded Body

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by MetsMan75, Nov 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MetsMan75

MetsMan75 Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Here is a RW Bass body I had originally posted in another thread as a complete bass. I got an offer on the neck so decided to part it and sold the neck. I never cared for the neck anyway and used a custom made V neck on this anyway. I also had custom made '59 style pickups in it but have returned it to stock. This is an awesome bass and I'm kind of on the fence about selling it and am tempted to keep it but I am trying to downsize my gear collection so am reluctantly posting it and if I get asking price ill let her go, if not ill happily hold on to her. Either way is fine. I purchased the bass around late 2009/early 2010. Neck was hardly ever used because I don't like C profile necks so I immediate got a V neck for it. The body is beautifully relic'd with a very thin coat of nitro fiesta red paint. It is light weight at just under 5lbs on my bathroom scale but feels even lighter in my hands. One of the lightest body's I have held. It is very resonant as well. These are the nicest MIM basses I ever played! I also have a Fender Classic '50s in fiesta red that im selling in another thread. They are similar basses. Main difference in my opinion is the relic work on the RW and the RW has thin nitro paint while the classic series has thicker skin poly. The neck pocket has a date of 19 Nov and the year is smudged.....it's either 2008 or 2009 so it's an early one. It comes with original neck plate and screws too. I will let it go for $500 shipped.

Attached Files:

2. MetsMan75

Feb 2, 2010
    Here is a pic of back side. This body is being sold fully loaded stock. $500 shipped CONUS

Attached Files:

3. MetsMan75

Feb 2, 2010
    Price drop: $475 shipped CONUS

4. MetsMan75

Feb 2, 2010
    Bump $475 shipped CONUS

5. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Bump for a great Seller. I bought the Road Worn neck and it was perfect. Fast ship, very fair price, Honest and trustworthy.

6. MetsMan75

Feb 2, 2010
    Thanks buddy! Glad your enjoying your new neck! :)

7. mfowlkes

mfowlkes

Aug 30, 2009
    Cullman, AL
    If you decide to part...I want the bare body.

8. MetsMan75

Feb 2, 2010
    Well I already sold neck so I guess I'd part the body...let me think about it and ill PM you.

9. 77stingray

77stingray Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Atlanta
    I have a road worn p bass neck I may be selling soon, so know that whoever gets this body.

10. LennyJ

LennyJ Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2001
    Acworth, Georgia
    I'll take the pickguard if it gets to part out.

11. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    PM sent

12. MetsMan75

Feb 2, 2010
    If naked body sells I will sell pickguard and other parts seperately.

13. MetsMan75

Feb 2, 2010
    Bump $415 Shipped CONUS

14. MetsMan75

Feb 2, 2010
    Also up for auction on Ebay

15. MetsMan75

Feb 2, 2010
    Happy Thanksgiving Day Bump!