1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender Roadworn Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by VincentGrim, Aug 12, 2020.

1. VincentGrim

VincentGrim Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2008
    Price:
    Strings:
    Incredible sounding and looking bass, though I am not sure if it is “in great condition” on account of the relic job. Seems to be on par with other Basses of this series.

Just came into possession of this bad boy. The only con is that it is in need of a set up and has a neck shim (incredibly industry standard, but it would bother me if I didn’t know, so there you go).

I really wanted this bass to be a keeper, but the action is on the high side for side for me (I believe the incredibly high nut is the culprit) and I am not a huge fan of the relicing. Otherwise my tech would be getting her sorted.

super important update: Curiosity got the better of me and I did some work on the nut. Bass is wayyyyyy more playable now. A little more work would easily get it where I like it.

Not much interested in trades, price is $800 OBO Shipped CONUS

no gig bag, but will be well packed.
    00EB7640-6D31-4AF6-8AE6-13CD0883527B.jpeg
    BA123EA4-AB0B-496F-8559-5BBDA725A620.jpeg
    468DDE0E-A732-4A9F-9CFA-D1434ED95121.jpeg
    E6199173-B3FF-4B96-A940-A549362ABF8C.jpeg
    B9E65E89-8DD6-45C3-9A55-DA153B191C9F.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
  2. Altitude

Altitude An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure. Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
    That nut looks a little tall; could account for the action issue even with a shim in place. Easy fix for somebody if true.

3. VincentGrim

Aug 17, 2008
    I was just inspecting it and I have to agree. Compared to my other basses, the nut is very tall and I believe to be the culprit.

4. tpaul

tpaul Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2011
    Vermont
    Looks like it's not the original nut, it's overhanging the edge of the fretboard.

Sent you a PM, by the way.

5. VincentGrim

Aug 17, 2008
    Update: the nut still has some room to ago, but after a few minutes work we are down to 2/16ths of an inch at the twelfth fret. Nut can still come down a bit and so can the saddles. Not bad:

image.jpg

6. iammr2

iammr2

Jun 10, 2002
    Tejas
    Your neck isn't fully seated in the pocket. Try reseating it and screwing down again. That should fix your high action.

7. VincentGrim

Aug 17, 2008
    Appears to be sold pending payment!