1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender roasted maple Jazz Bass neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by cholyoke, Jan 17, 2021.

1. cholyoke

cholyoke Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Rubber City
    Price:
    $300
    United States
    Below are images of a 2020 Fender roasted maple MIM Jazz Bass neck I bought new in August 2020. I have not mounted the neck or done anything other than mark the location of the E string tuner screw with pencil. The fretboard and headstock face are glossy and the rear of the neck is satin. The neck is straight, the grain parallel to the length of the neck. 1.5" wide nut, 0.814" thick at the first fret, 0.901" thick at the twelfth fret according to my cheap calipers.

I am selling because I have too many necks sitting in my basement and have all the parts basses I will ever need. These necks sell for $329 new.

I would like $300 shipped in the continental USA. Please keep in mind that this neck has never been mounted and the nut slots need to be cut. It is exactly what you would get if you bought a replacement neck from a retailer.

Images here are lightened slightly due to dark-ass Ohio winter lighting.
    DSC_2472.JPG DSC_2473.JPG DSC_2474.JPG

Images here are untouched and were taken right next to the window. The first two show how the color changes if you look at the headstock from different angles.
    DSC_2490.JPG DSC_2491.JPG DSC_2475.JPG DSC_2476.JPG DSC_2477.JPG DSC_2478.JPG DSC_2479.JPG

Do not hesitate to ask questions by PM.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  2. Smooth_bass88

Smooth_bass88 Groove it Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2006
    North AMERICA, USA
    that look real cool

cholyoke and Spidey2112 like this.
  3. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Go Bucks!

cholyoke likes this.
  4. cholyoke

Oct 1, 2016
    Rubber City
    Thanks. It is really nice.

Go Zips!

5. lala

lala Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2014
    I’m looking for a MIJ jazz neck if you have one of those. The tuner holes are a little smaller.

cholyoke likes this.
  6. cholyoke

Oct 1, 2016
    Rubber City
    Nope. I like my Fender necks hecho en Mexico.

pipaberg, 1960jbass and dusterdan70 like this.
  7. 6tzguy

6tzguy 6tzguy Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Orange County, Ca.
    That’s a beaut!!!!

cholyoke likes this.
  8. Brain Fog

Brain Fog Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Seattle
    Could we see an up-close picture of the back of the headstock?

cholyoke likes this.
  9. cholyoke

Oct 1, 2016
    Rubber City
    If you click on the thumbnail image of the back of the neck, a window will appear that has that image. Right click on the image and select open in new tab (or window). That will give you an image you can blow up and see all sorts of detail. I am assuming you are using a computer, not a phone.

The address I get when I open the image in a new window is https://www.talkbass.com/attachments/dsc_2474-jpg.4131568/ In my browser, if I click on the image it blows up to original size, which is enormous.

10. Brain Fog

Brain Fog Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Seattle
    Hey, whaddaya know, a new trick! Thanks.

cholyoke likes this.
  11. cholyoke

Oct 1, 2016
    Rubber City
    Gladly. If you can't see what you need, tell me and I can take another photo.

12. Nice!

cholyoke likes this.
  13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021