1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender Roscoe Beck 5 FS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by lookiel, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. For sale is my beloved Fender Roscoe Beck 5 string in shoreline gold. S/N dates it to 1998. All stock except for a fender string retainer I had added for the E and B strings to prevent the E string from rattling in the nut. A few small scratches in clear coat near the bridge, nothing that goes through to the wood. Original Fender tweed hard case included. Extremely versatile and sweet sounding. Only selling because of financial hardships (the taxman cometh!:crying:).
    Asking 1100$ US shipped to North America, possible international with shipping cost evaluation.
    Not much interest in trading except for a Markbass head plus cash.
    Feel free to ask any questions.
    Pics to come.

2. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    Pics?

3. Pics

Attached Files:

• RB1.
      RB1.jpg
      File size:
      53 KB
      Views:
    • RB2.
      RB2.jpg
      File size:
      74.2 KB
      Views:
  4. I found some scratches on the back and two shallow dents on the bottom edge by the jack. I'll drop the price to 1100$ US shipped to reflect this. Here are pics of the ''damage''.

Attached Files:

5. Last one

Attached Files:

6. Man, as much as I'd like to spend the tax return on this guy, I'd surely have a permanent place on the couch if I did. Bump for a super sweet bass though . . .

7. mkrtu9

mkrtu9

Mar 2, 2006
    Tuscola
    I've always thought those basses looked killer. Good luck with the sale

8. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Feb 11, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Ampeg , GHS
    Trades?

9. Joebone

Joebone Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Bump for a great bass...I recently got one, and am blown away by the pitch integrity of the B string - I've compared it directly with Sadowsky and Low End 5-strings, and conclude this is THE champion 34" B-string of all time, from bottom to top.

10. Yes, it's a great bass!
    Piano like jazz clearness, but I find myself gravitating more towards a p or pj sound.
    I'll miss her though if she sells.:(

11. Blake Bass

Blake Bass Supporting Member

Jan 10, 2006
    Montgomery, Texas
    Weight?

12. Not sure about the weight, I don't have a bathroom scale.
    But I can say it's definitely not a featherweight bass, feels heavy (and solid), probably around 11 or 12 pounds (I may be overestimating).
    Certainly Lakland jazz copies are lighter from my experience, as is my MPG Level 5.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.