1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Roscoe Beck ...confused

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by two fingers, Oct 3, 2009.

1. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    OK. I got corrected in another thread because I though that the Fender Roscoe Beck basses were discontinued. Seems I was wrong. Or maybe they just brought them back? Or was it just the 5 string that was discontinued? Anyway...What's the story? I own a 5 and I love it! If they start making them again I may get another. Help me out. Set me straight. Thanks!

2. Smallmouth_Bass

Smallmouth_Bass

Dec 29, 2005
    Canada
    I do not know the timeline, but it was the 5-string that was discontinued. As far as I know, the 4-string Roscoe Beck models have always been around since they've been introduced.

3. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    The 5 got discontinued, but the 4 string stayed in production from its release. :)

Though the LPB ones were quite tricky to find in 08, with maple boards at least.:meh:

4. BadB

BadB

May 25, 2005
    USA
    Like he ^ said. The fiver was discontinued. There is talk of re-release going around, depending on a suitable bridge.

5. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Ah.....Thanks guys!

6. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Even Roscoe's loosing hope in the re-release now.:atoz: