Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Roscoe Beck IV Questions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nedmundo, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    I've been interested in this bass for a long time, and I'm wondering if anyone has pics of the "Honey Burst" color. I can't find an example on Fender's site, and it's not on the color chart, but it seems like it might be cool.

Also, some folks have apparently had trouble with bridge adjustment and other setup issues. Does anyone have recent experience to share on this? I would hope Fender has worked out the bugs by now.

2. AndyMan

AndyMan Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 17, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    http://myplaceproductionsllc.com/
    anyone?

3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
  4. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    The bridge looks awful to adjust. I've seen it and I wouldn't want to touch it. Fortunately it seems solid and stable, so it may be worth the effort. :) I'm not a big fan of bridges that are a pain in the butt to adjust.

Great bass though, check them out if you can. Fantastic instrument!

5. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    This pic is from an ebay auction and is listed as honeyburst. For more pics look in the completed items section for this one.
    [​IMG]

6. dgce

dgce

Jun 17, 2001
    Massachusetts, USA
    According to that other RB thread, the Roscoe 4 has a three piece body. Wow, you'd hardly know looking at that purdy sunburst!

r

7. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Where did you try them? I'm in the N.Y.C. area frequently, so I could probably check them out myself. I've never seen one at the Philly area Fender dealers, and the only one I've played was a poorly set up used one in Florida.

Thanks to all for the input.

8. tangobass

tangobass

Jan 15, 2005
    The gotoh bridge on the 5 strings is much better,the fender made bridge on the 4 its very bad. :bassist:

9. BadB

BadB

May 25, 2005
    Glendale, AZ
    It's just a locking bridge, folks. No problems adjusting mine.

10. AndyMan

AndyMan Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 17, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    http://myplaceproductionsllc.com/
    Can a Fender vintage reissue bridge, i.e., the one on the 62 usa vintage reissue model drop right in?

How was the neck?

Why would Fender screw up such a great artist bass??? I'm incredulous. :eyebrow: