FENDER ROSCOE BECK "MID ATTENUATOR" KNOB

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by adept_inept, Feb 11, 2006.

1. adept_inept

adept_inept

Jan 9, 2006
    how does it work... and how does it sound?

2. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    Ummmm....uhhhhhh.....ehhhhhh..... what?

I thought all the fender roscoe beck had was, volume, tone, pickup selector and series/parallel/single coil selectors...

3. kjones

kjones Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Maryland
    There is one other thing, although it's not a mid attenuator. If you pull the tone knob out, it mimics RB's favorite setting on his jazz (2/3 of the volume on the bridge PU, 1/3 or so volume on the neck PU). Gives it a nice growly sound, and you couldn't do it otherwise because there's only one volume control. When I want it to sound like a jazz, I use it all the time.

4. adept_inept

adept_inept

Jan 9, 2006
    yea... i dunno what they mean either.. and contacting fender is like meeting for lunch with the president. it jus ain't gunna happen.

5. adept_inept

adept_inept

Jan 9, 2006
    ahhhh. i get it. cool feature, but now i see the importance of having 2 volumes... pretty useful, at least a blend. switches are nice, but you cant accent one and have the other only there for a little. its either both or one... interesting.

the wiring in that thing must be monstrous.... i mean... seriously. with 2 3 way switches, a 5 way blade, as well as volume tone and this "jazz growl pull pot", it must be like a jungle.

6. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    reminds me of an old girlfriend of mine.

7. adept_inept

adept_inept

Jan 9, 2006
    :eek:
    hahahha

8. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    :smug: