Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FENDER ROSCOE BECK "MID ATTENUATOR" KNOB

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by adept_inept, Feb 11, 2006.

1. adept_inept

adept_inept

Jan 9, 2006
    how does it work... and how does it sound?

2. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    Ummmm....uhhhhhh.....ehhhhhh..... what?

I thought all the fender roscoe beck had was, volume, tone, pickup selector and series/parallel/single coil selectors...

3. kjones

kjones Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Maryland
    There is one other thing, although it's not a mid attenuator. If you pull the tone knob out, it mimics RB's favorite setting on his jazz (2/3 of the volume on the bridge PU, 1/3 or so volume on the neck PU). Gives it a nice growly sound, and you couldn't do it otherwise because there's only one volume control. When I want it to sound like a jazz, I use it all the time.

4. adept_inept

adept_inept

Jan 9, 2006
    yea... i dunno what they mean either.. and contacting fender is like meeting for lunch with the president. it jus ain't gunna happen.

5. adept_inept

adept_inept

Jan 9, 2006
    ahhhh. i get it. cool feature, but now i see the importance of having 2 volumes... pretty useful, at least a blend. switches are nice, but you cant accent one and have the other only there for a little. its either both or one... interesting.

the wiring in that thing must be monstrous.... i mean... seriously. with 2 3 way switches, a 5 way blade, as well as volume tone and this "jazz growl pull pot", it must be like a jungle.

6. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    reminds me of an old girlfriend of mine.

7. adept_inept

adept_inept

Jan 9, 2006
    :eek:
    hahahha

8. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    :smug: