Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FENDER ROSCOE BECK "MID ATTENUATOR" KNOB

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by adept_inept, Feb 11, 2006.

1. adept_inept

adept_inept

Jan 9, 2006
    how does it work, and how does it sound?

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Hmmmmm ... I don't think that's what it is. It's just a tone knob. Roll it back for more bass. Roll it forward for more treble. Pull it out to emphasize the bridge pickup when both pickups are on.

3. adept_inept

adept_inept

Jan 9, 2006
    fender mentions a "mid shaping feature"

maybe by "mid shape" they mean "emphasize the bridge"? any ideas?

4. My older model (1999) RB5 had a push-pull knob that introduced a resistor into the circuit to attenuate the neck output.

5. ArwinH

ArwinH run rabbit run

Dec 1, 2005
    Southern California
    "I chose the 3-way switch instead of a blend pot, because it allows you to make pickup switches really fast. The only problem, though, is that you can't switch to any of those "sweet spots." I very often use the sound on a J where both volume controls are cranked, but I roll back the neck pickup a bit so the sound opens up. So that's what the push/pull tone pot does: if you pull it up, a 27k resistor goes across the neck pickup to slightly reduce its output"

Straight from roscoe beck folks.

6. adept_inept

adept_inept

Jan 9, 2006
    question answered, and rather astutely. thanks.

and btw, i also dig that smiley :D just check the sig.

7. ArwinH

ArwinH run rabbit run

Dec 1, 2005
    Southern California
    haha, are sigs kick major bootay.
    As for the information, it was on roscoe beck's website.....and I'm very intrigued by the rb IV :ninja: