Fender Roscoe Beck

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pools, Apr 11, 2004.

1. pools

Feb 28, 2004
    Anyone tried this bass?
    I would like to know something about it......it has a large fingerboard ...is difficult to play fast things on it ...?
    thank you for your advise....
  2. DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    The RB5 was my primary gig bass for about three years. If what you want is classic passive Jazz Bass tone in a five string ( plus a whole bunch of tonal flexibility) then that's your ticket.The wide/thin neck is an acquired taste but I came to really like the profile.
  3. BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    Got one and I like it so much it moved up to my main bass for practicing/playing/whatever :) There's a bunch of threads on it already though.

Mar 4, 2004
    Amal, Sweden
    I think it´s the best five that Fender has made to date. I dont own one, but has played a lot on a friends. Really lots of good sounds, i love the looks of the RB5 too...
  5. The RB5 must be the best Fender 5 string EVER. I really love all the usefull sounds you can get out of it. I'm really on the lookout for the 4 string version, though :eek: :eek: :eek:
  6. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I own two, 'nuff said. :)
  7. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    It's my main bass. While it sounds great, feels great, looks great and I love it to death, it can hum like a bastage in single coil mode, which is my tone of choice. It's also kinda heavy. Just thought I'd put that out there.