Fender Rumble 100 or SWR LA 15?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CaM90, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Fender Rumble 100

11 vote(s)
  2. SWR LA15

3 vote(s)
  1. CaM90

Dec 14, 2004
    FenderRumble 100 - http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...ase_pid/480721/

SWR LA15 - http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...ase_pid/482038/

I'm looking at these two amps. I have tryed them both and liek them both but not sure which one I should get. I will be using it for jamming in my room, small band practice/jam, and possibly small-medium gigs, with probally PA. Which is the "loudest"? I could go and buy a decent $1000+ head/cab or combo but I don't think i'll need it. I play a 2005 Ibanez SR905 bass currently.
  2. AFWbass

Jul 16, 2005
    Monroe, CT
    I love my little la15. It's pretty loud, so playing a small sized venue wouldn't be any problem. Yeah, I bought the la15 and am extremely happy with it. I have an all tube beast of an amp, and I use my la15 when I don't feel like carrying the big one around. I'm sure whichever one you buy, you won't be disappointed. My recommendation is to go to the store and see which one sounds better to you. Good luck.
  3. I've been renting a 30 watt bass amp and deciding to buy one, seriously looked at the Fender Rumble 100. After talking to quite a few "experts" including reading TalkBass postings, decided that I would go with the Yorkville BassMaster XM200 which has a 15 " speaker and a Piezo Tweeter. Also, it weighs about the same as the Fender Rumble @ 60 lbs and is about the same size. It has great ratings and sells for approx $ 500 Cdn. If you ever play somewhere there is no PA system and you have a loud drummer or lead guitarist, you may need at least a 200 watt amp.
  4. parttimeluthier

May 7, 2005
    I have tried both of these amps out at my local guitar shops and I would definately say the Rumble has it all over the LA15 ! The LA15 I tried speaker started to fart out at only about 2/3 volume and that was with a passive bass not an active one. The tone was good at lower volumes but the amp does not have much headroom for its 100 watt rating. It I felt as if I was playing a 50 or 60 watt amp.
    The Fender however has more features, it sounded nice and clean up to 3/4 volume and comes with a 3 pin direct out w/ level control. It also features a mid freq. scoop button. Both nice features the SWR does not have; especially if you are using it in conjunction with a PA. It also has a cool red light visible from the speakers bass port fender calls their "Stage Light". This light is'nt just a visual gimmick but is wired in series with the speaker and acts as a peak power limiter to protect the speaker from clipping and blowouts.
  5. CaM90

Dec 14, 2004
    I have also been looking at the Yorkville XS200t, and the XS400t. I have been thinking about the two of them for the past week, I am going sometime this week to try out the XS200t and XS400t, I'll probally go for the XS400t if they both are good.
  6. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

No comparo, the Fender wins for sure. The SWR just looks, feels, sounds cheaper that the SWR...
  7. loendmaestro

Jan 15, 2004
    Vienna VA
    You won't be disappointed in the Yorkie...
  8. CaM90

Dec 14, 2004
    I can't seem to find the price USD for the Yorky XS400t... (I havn't looked very hard...) Does anyoen know the price for it?