1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Fender Rumble 100 V3 Thinking about using 2 of them

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TimboZ, Nov 26, 2016.

1. TimboZ

TimboZ

Jan 4, 2009
    South of Buffalo
    I like my Rumble 100 V3. Thinking about getting a second one for gigs that I need more volume.

Was thinking about stacking one on top of the other. Feeding the second one via the aux send, or feeding them with my Valvulator 2 output tube buffer.

What are the pros and cons of using 2 combos?
    What would the DB output of using 2 combos be vrs one combo like a Rumble 500?

Thanks!

Linnin likes this.
  2. kringle77

kringle77 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    That is actually a handy option to have. I'd leave them both on the ground, tilt one up alittle to hear it better. Slot more boom for the buck.

3. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    A single Fender Rumble 500 combo would have much more SPL than a pair of Rumble 100's and be the same $600 price. Plus the 500 has a powered extension speaker cabinet output jack the the 100's do not.
    xy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Facmenovelties.net%2Fmusic%2Fbass%2Fimages%2Ftwinned-rumble-500-v3_back.png

Gearhead17 and Bodeanly like this.
  4. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    I forget the dudes name, but he's running a pair of Rumble 500 combos daisy chained and also wants to get a pair of Rumble 210 extension cabinets so he'll have 1000 watts and eight 10's. Talk about maximum SPL! :D

jp58 likes this.
  5. TimboZ

TimboZ

Jan 4, 2009
    South of Buffalo
    If they made the 500 with a 212 I would be all over it.
    I'm a big fan of 12's for bass lately. I have an Eden 210 and an Avatar 210 cab and they just don't it for me.

6. CallMeAl

CallMeAl

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 15, 2021