Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fender rumble 100 vrs SWR la 15

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by eric234, May 16, 2005.

1. eric234

eric234 Guest

Mar 11, 2005
    philadelphia
    ok i need a new combo amp and i've narrowed i down to these two they both have 100watts and each has a 15" speaker and both cost three hundred dollars so i was wanting your guys input i'm leaning toward the SWR though

2. I have a Rumble 100 and an SWR workingman 15 - I personally prefer the sound of the Fender. The SWR is more powerful, but I can't get the tight low end from it that the fender has. although the SWR does have better cleaner highs. The SWR just seems to be lacking in fullness that you can't eq in...

3. eric234

eric234 Guest

Mar 11, 2005
    philadelphia
    ok cool i was leaning toward the fender anyway just because you can hook it up to extra cabinets

4. umm as far as I know, you can't hook the fender up to external cabs, unless they've modified it since my model (although there is a preamp out and a power amp in)? the other downsides to the Fender are: no gain adjustment, just master volume, and there is no clip light, so you don't know if you are driving it too hard?