1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

fender rumble 100

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by linkon97, Dec 7, 2016.

1. linkon97

linkon97

Oct 16, 2016
    is afender rumble 100w enough to play with drums? and guitar?

2. himluis1

himluis1

Sep 28, 2012
    Florida
    it is a really good and powerful amp ! i had it for a few months , i played at churches between 150 up to 300 people ... with pa support , still found my self in a bit of trouble sometimes because our drummers n guitar players are loud ... i returned it and got the 200w combo with the 15" and had no problems ... at the end i like the sound of the 12" speakers so much that decided on getting the 200w rumble head and a pair of 12's cabs ... can be happier ... hope it helps !!! Gby

Frans688 likes this.
  3. Gatlin

Gatlin

Sep 22, 2016
    Ellisville, MS
    I have the 100 and I also use it for church service with PA support. Our worship service is pretty lively and I only use the 100 for stage monitoring. In my opinion it would not be sufficient for a band setting without PA support. If you are using it only for personal stage monitoring then it is probably fine. We have to setup and tear down each week and the size and weight of the 100 makes it perfect for my needs.

4. Bodeanly

Bodeanly

Mar 20, 2015
    Chicago
    Good amp, but not enough oomph for what you're describing.

5. linkon97

linkon97

Oct 16, 2016
    So wich one would do de job in that price range?

6. Gatlin

Gatlin

Sep 22, 2016
    Ellisville, MS
    Do you have any PA support or rely solely on the amp? Playing indoors or outdoors? Does weight matter?

7. Dale Griffith

Dale Griffith

Jun 6, 2016
    I actually practice with my oldies/classic rock band in the BL's basement using a Rumble 25! That's with a guitar, drums, keyboard and singer in addition to my bass. It's crazy loud for 25 watts and an 8" speaker. For gigs I've been using a Rumble 500 combo, often with a 1x15 extension cab. You probably can't gig with the 100, but you might with the 200.

himluis1 likes this.
  8. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    It can be depending upon the situational demand. For fun jams with friends it would do if not too loud. Even small bars and house parties.

If you are talking about pumping out some seriously loud rock, then the Fender Rumble 200 combo would be the minimum, and the Rumble 500 all that much better.

What country are you from? The Rumble 100 is $300 USD here. You are not going to find a better or louder bass amp new for the same price.

9. himluis1

himluis1

Sep 28, 2012
    Florida
    try to get a used 200 rumble combo or go with the head version for $299.99 and try to get a cheap cab may b a 15" or something like that for now .... thats what i did , i found a good deal here on tb for a used but in great condition 15" rumble cab after i bought my 200w rumble head ... then after sometime i got my 2 1x12 cabs !!!

10. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Without pa support, 200 watts, and 2 12s is the minimum I would consider for a band.

lomo and Rip Van Dan like this.
  11. jp58

jp58

Dec 9, 2009
    Tennessee
    Anecdotally,

I've played both the Rumble 100 and 200 at jams with a drummer. The 100 could do it, but was pushed probably to the point of failure with a heavy handed drummer. It's possible, but it's definitely wasn't ideal. It had to be pushed very hard with the bass rolled off and both mid controls close to being dimed. With a softer drummer, it was just fine. If you were just going to jam with friends occasionally, this would have you covered. I don't know that it would handle weekly rehearsals and gigs in a *loud* rock band. Of course, this is just my experience, and other folks have fogged 100's just fine.

On the other hand, the 200 passed that test with flying colors, and didn't need anywhere near the concessions the 100 did to do it. The 200 didn't have a lot of headroom to spare, but I didn't have an extension cab. I probably wasn't getting much more power out of it than I was the 100, but it does have a nicer, more efficient speaker (I believe the 200 and 500 are the only ones with the "good speakers"). It also allows for an extension cab to be added, giving you a lot more speaker area and oomph.

I don't have good things to say about the other two combos I've owned, so I'll leave them out of the discussion.

12. linkon97

linkon97

Oct 16, 2016
    I dont really know abour the PA yet but it tis for rehearsing in a small room and add it pa support for live stuff

13. linkon97

linkon97

Oct 16, 2016
    but doing thath is not cheaper than buying the 200w combo

14. linkon97

linkon97

Oct 16, 2016
    the rumble 100 lets you use an extension cab?

15. GManfromOz

GManfromOz

Jul 27, 2016
    I use a 100 for rehearsals and the 500 for gigs. The 100 can do gigs with pa support but as good as it is it's just not quite enough.

16. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    No. Only Rumbles 200 & 500 have powered extension speaker cabinet output jacks.

17. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    The Rumble 100 has an Eminence speaker - as does the 200 and 500.

gjohnson441496 and Linnin like this.
  18. WaynerBass

WaynerBass Inactive Suspended

Jan 12, 2016
    Southwest Florida
    Get a used Fender Rumble 500 combo and you'll likely never need another amp

39-Bassist, Blue Dragon and JakobT like this.
  19. 39-Bassist

39-Bassist

Jul 7, 2010
    Florida
    Endorsing Artist for: Brace Audio; Duncan Pickups; Line6, Hipshot, GHS Strings, Somnium Guitars
    As said by others....Fender 500 Rumble is a GREAT sounding and playing amp...Get that and you won't need to ask this question ever, until you want to get an extension cab. (get the 2x10 combo and then add the 2x10 cab later) Just a suggestion.
    Have fun playing.

steelbed45 and Linnin like this.
  20. KickingBass

KickingBass Look into it

I've gigged an older Fender 100 watt with a 15" speaker before and it sounded really good though we werent playing very loud. I'd recommend a 2x10 and at least 300 watts.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 15, 2021