Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Rumble 100

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by deathbloomslife, May 9, 2005.

1. I am currently looking for a new amp to replace my Randall that I am giving to my girlfriend. A friend of mine owns this amp, and I was able to play on it a while back, and was amazed at how well my Peavey sounded through it. It sounded equally in tone with his American Jazz bass! So yeah, I fell in love. I've never been able to see a ba dside to this amp, and noone has ever had anything bad to say about this amp so far that I am aware of. Can any of you give me any information that I NEED to know about this amp before making a purchase? Any of you have experiance with one, and would like to just "plug" or "trash" it?

All feedback is appreciated, thanks,
    Ryan.

2. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Do you play gigs, and if so what size?

3. Do a search on this site and you should come up with some peoples opinions...

I like the Rumble 100 - Sounds great, just don't expect it to be louder than the 100watt combo amp that it is. It also doesn't have an external speaker out?

4. I dont play gigs, I just screw around in my bedroom, and occasionally with a friend who plays guitar. I just want an amp to fill a room with sound, and thumb hard and heavy. I want something that I can sit on! lol.

It doesnt have an out!? What the hell, what if I want gig later? Are there any amps out there that are close to the Rumble 100 in characteristic, but have an out? What about Yorkville amps? My friend who owns the 100 told me those are great too.