Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender rumble 100

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Pawn, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Pawn

Pawn

Aug 5, 2005
    Hello. I can get a Fender rumble 100 (used) for $120 or...i can wait and try to find a used peavey tnt 115 for maybe $300(its taking a long time to find one of these). What would be good? I need to be loud enought to be heard over a drummer.

Thanks

2. bucardo

bucardo

Jul 3, 2005
    I tried the Fender Rumble 100 in a guitar shop, with a Cort Artisan B4F (awesome sounding bass) and it was almost impossible to get a decent sound from it. I decided to purchase a behringer bx3000t head with a behringer bb210 cab (350$ more or less) and it sounds awesome. If you don't need a so powerful rig (300 watts the head and 600 the cab) you should try the behringer bx1200 ultrabass (120 watts), most people say it sounds awesome, and it's really cheap (200 bucks in zzsounds). "Rumble" series don't seem to be real Fender amps, but truly noisy stuff. Hope it helps!

3. I saw a thrash band last weekend and the bassist had a Rumble 100. It sounded "meh". It didn't sound bad but it didn't really sound all that special either. Though I must admit, the flashing lights were cool. I don't think it would stand a chance against a drummer without the help of a PA. Youre best bet is to get a decent head and some cabs instead of a combo.

4. Pawn

Pawn

Aug 5, 2005
    hmm...whats a TNT 130?? Whats diffrent about it to a TNT 115?

Thanks for all the help. :hyper:

5. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I don't know the intimate details of Peavey product evolution, but it's a pretty good bet that a TNT 130 is a 130 watt amp. Ealier TNTs were 100 watts or maybe even less for real old ones ('70s (of which there's one on ebay but I didn't include the link)).

Peavey has used the TNT name for a long time and tweaks the model designation as the amp improves.

The easiest way to learn the differences is to go to www.peavey.com and use the search field in the upper right hand corner of the home page (IIRC) to search for the owner's manual of the amp that you're looking at. They have a lot of them on-line in pdf format.

I've found Peavey's manuals to be pretty well written and have useful drawings of the control panel and back of the chassis, etc. You can get a pretty good idea of the amp's features.

You can always search eBay for pictures and read through the user reviews here, at www.bgra.net and at www.harmonycentral.com.

Good luck!!!

6. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    don't buy an amp with a flashing light on it.

buy an amp that sounds good.

7. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    sorry,

i just don't understand what fender was thinking making an amp that flashes when you play it :confused:

8. Le Basseur

Le Basseur

Mar 26, 2002
    Croatia
    It helps to keep the poor Fender Rumble's owner in time:if the amp sounds how it sounds,at least you can SEE your "boo-boo"! :D

9. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    :)