Dismiss Notice

Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, get alerts, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Rumble 15 scoop

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by joplin, Aug 6, 2012.

1. joplin

joplin

Aug 31, 2008
    NYC
    Has anyone tried to modify a Fender Rumble amp to remove the scoop? I can't adjust it flat with the knobs...

Attached Files:

2. hmmm the new ones have a scoop (shape) button but I hear you that it's inherent tone is already scooped...

Seems like a starange place to have it scooped considering it is a low powered amp... you'd think you'd be able to get more useable volume for gigging from it if it was set flat, but I guess how it sounds on the showroom floor is what sells it unfortunately.

3. Register_To_Disable

4. They're already scooped by themselves, aren't they?

5. El-Bob

El-Bob Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Hamilton, ON
    Yes. When I used one for about a year, I had to constantly have the midrange controls cranked up obnoxiously far, and the treble cut to have a usable sound live. Now I'm using Ampeg and Gallien Krueger... things are better. Although I should note that the Fenders are not bad amps for what they are. :smug:

6. Meh, that's why they're so punchy. I have both the Lo and the Hi mid as cranked as I can. Now it's quite nice. I finally cut trough!

El-Bob likes this.
  7. joplin

joplin

Aug 31, 2008
    NYC
    sounds ok on my Jazz but kinda ruins my P bass sound that I like.

8. TrevorOfDoom

TrevorOfDoom Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Austin, TX
    looks to me like if you leave the bass and hi-mid knobs at noon, crank the lo-mid and roll off the treble, you'll get close to flat.
    Can anyone confirm this?

(yeah, it's a zombie thread)

El-Bob likes this.