Fender Rumble 25 - A cheap amplifier

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JonTishBASS, Apr 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Yes

51.6%
  2. No

48.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JonTishBASS

JonTishBASS

Jan 29, 2018
    Rum25-large.jpg

2. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

To me it’s nothing more than a toy! :)

3. voided3

voided3

Nov 11, 2008
    I played through one at a friend's house recently. For low volume practicing, I think it's totally adequate and has a nice warm sound to it. I wouldn't use it for anything other than solo practice or playing along to recordings, though.

AstroSonic likes this.
  4. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    It is the best $99 new bass combo on the market, and it sounds surprisingly good! Plug in a good quality set of headphones and prepare to be amazed. I had one for a year to leave at my guitarist's house to use working up new tunes. I sold it after he died as I no longer needed it. A very handy and capable personal practice amp.

AstroSonic and b-b-b-bass like this.
  5. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

I would buy it for home practice if I needed one, yes.

6. basss

basss Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2001
    NY
    I've used this combo playing upright with a jazz trio in a small bar. The band wasn't loud but the amp kept up and I was able to get a decent sound out of it.

7. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

I am very sorry for your loss @Linnin.

BadExample likes this.
  8. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Thank you @BassmanPaul. Ace was a fellow lefty and we had a jazz duo for restaurant and winery gigs. He suffered from Hep C as a result of heroin addiction plus as an alcoholic contracted cirrhosis toward the end. Liver kaput and sudden kidney failure killed him a week shy of his 58th birthday. He was an amazingly talented and very jovial & likeable man. He is missed.

9. I like the Rumble 25 4X more than most folks.

20180105_150330-1.jpg

cataract, eric_B, The_Lucek and 6 others like this.
  10. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Is that your stage rig???

11. No... my stage rig is four Rumble 25s stacked vertically.:D Better dispersion!

12. JonTishBASS

JonTishBASS

Jan 29, 2018
    I like your Hofner bass

b-b-b-bass likes this.
  13. MODELL

MODELL

Aug 30, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Love the aesthetics of these! I've seen B-stock ones on Amazon for $85.00 in the past.

14. Drgonzonm

Drgonzonm

Sep 4, 2017
    American SW
    I voted no, because I have r15, and an r40.
    No disagreement on the quality of a r25.

15. Bass17

Bass17

Apr 26, 2018
    How much is that? I like it

16. What 'that' are you asking about?

17. Bass17

Bass17

Apr 26, 2018
    The rumble set up. How do you do that?

18. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    Rumble amps are great, but I voted no.
    Even for just home practice I find an 8 inch speaker to sound anemic.
    I would go for the 40 or higher in the Rumble amps.

Clark Westfield and Heavy Blue like this.
  19. I run the bass signal into a multi-effect, a Zoom B1on, which not only provides EQ, effects, amp and cab simulations, a drum machine, and a looper, it acts as a buffer with a stereo out. I built a little passive connector hub in a mini-pedal size aluminum enclosure. It consists of 3 stereo jacks wired in parallel. That's it. A stereo cable goes from the Zoom to one connecter hub jack, and from each of the other two stereo jacks, I run a stereo-to-mono-left- and-right cable to the inputs of each amp. All the cables and connector box parts cost about $30.

20. That's cool. Everybody has different circumstances. At home, one Rumble 25 works great for me, but sometimes, when I get in a crushing mood, I'll add a second one. :bassist:

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021