Fender Rumble 25 vs Orange Crush 50 BXT

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rafolix, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Rafolix

Rafolix

Feb 7, 2018
    Dear friends.
    I have to choose between these two combos for playing at home: Fender Rumble 25 v2 or Orange Crush 50 BXT. I have a Squier Jaguar Bass short sale and the Multistomp Zoom MS60B. I like the thumpy, old school, deep and dry tone.
    Which of them would you recomend me?
    Thanks in advance for your advice.
    Best

2. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016
    Umm . . . , that's certainly an "apples & oranges" comparison, if you'll excuse the pun. Why is your choice restricted to only these two?

The Orange costed 2 to 3 times as much new as the Rumble and has twice the power, a bigger better speaker, and more sophisticated controls! "All other things being equal", such as used price, it's a no-brainer.

So, what else about this situation did you not mention that makes other people's opinions helpful to you?

UbassDanno likes this.
  3. Rafolix

Rafolix

Feb 7, 2018
    Thanks, G-Dog, currently I own the Rumble and I have the chance to sell It and for 30 extra euros buy the Orange. As I mentioned it is justo to play at home and this thumpy old school is very important, not really the power. Unfortunately I dont play with other people.. thanks again

4. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016
    Well, whatever keeps up your interest in playing is probably worth it, if you deem the price acceptable.

I have a Rumble 500 combo that I use for everything from small acoustic jams to big loud outdoor concerts. But I know almost nothing about the Orange.

My best recommendation is to play along with other people! Share your skill/talent and/or learn from/with them. Music, like love, is meant to be shared.

brgtr3 likes this.
  5. I have a Rumble 25 and a Zoom B1 on.... really like how it sounds. There are a few 'patches' on the Zoom that give a really nice dry old school thumpy tone....

But that Orange has a 12" speaker and a bit more power, so it is attractive. Try the Orange if you can with you favorite Zoom patch, then decide.

Linnin likes this.
  6. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Fender Rumble 200 1x15 combo. I know it's larger and more powerful than you need, but a robust 15" woofer is required to cop that tone & thrust. Plus the Vintage voicing on the Rumble 200 nails it. No pedals needed.

You might also have a serious listen to the new Blackstar Unity bass combos. The U250 is a 1x15. The power tube emulations sound quite good as do the pre-amp models, and its got a USA made Eminence 15" driver. That's important. A bit pricey, but most certainly worth an audition. If I didn't already own a Rumble 200, I'd want one of these.

Shawn Luckman likes this.
  7. With the Rumble 40 (not the new Studio one)available, I honestly don't know why the Rumble 25 would even be an option.
    The 40 gives you an XLR out and you can control the overdrive channel rather than just an on/off button.

Shawn Luckman and Linnin like this.
  8. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    and it has the all important Vintage voicing too

9. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    I just don't like the Orange sound. It is certainly metal oriented.

jeff7bass likes this.
  10. That Orange might have too much for the bedroom, but not enough for a small gig - might be something to look out for if you're looking to get into it eventually. That being said, if it makes you want to play, the extra money might be worth it - the rumble 25 is a decent little amp too, but I've found in bass and guitar, bigger amps can have a bit more fun factor.

11. Rafolix

Rafolix

Feb 7, 2018
    Thanks a lot. I will then try yo change my Fender Rumble 25 for a 40 or 100. If you could recommend another combo about 50 watts and good price with a thumpy tone that would be great. I discard the Orange then.

Linnin likes this.
  12. The orange is a much better amp than the Fender. That being said I dislike any ‘practice amp’ sized combo because they are so limited. If budget is a concern, pick up a larger rumble that will do dual duty for practice and gigging. If budget is not as big of a concern - get something better than a rumble. And x200 for trying them out first - orange and Fender are on two opposite sides of the tone spectrum!

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021