1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Rumble 25 vs Warwick BC 40

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Chris345, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Fender Rumble 25

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Warwick BC 40

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Chris345

Chris345

Sep 14, 2020
    Hello,
    for the same price I can buy a Fender Rumble 25 watts or a Warwick BC 40 watts.
    I am a beginner and I would NOT play loud.
    I like jazz, funk and slap.
    I know Fender is better brand and quality, but the BC 40 has bigger speaker (10' vs 8' of the Fender) and a tweeter.
    I would like to know please your suggestions and opinions, considering my main need is to have a good and crispy sound for slap.
    I would play it with a Marcus Miller V3.

2. wizard65

wizard65

Sep 1, 2014
    I have a Warwick BC 20 and used to have a Rumble 25.
    To me the Warwick is a much nicer (better built) amp, and has a cool limiter feature so you can turn it all the way up without any distortion.

jeff7bass likes this.
  3. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

May 4, 2006
    Mount Prospect, IL
    Do you have access to some bigger/better gear in the used market? I am worried "your idea" of good slap tone would not come from either item. How about practicing with headphones? You would likely be happier with that tone versus a tiny practice amp.

droo46 likes this.
  4. Chris345

Chris345

Sep 14, 2020
    Do you really can get better sound through headphones? I tried and don't think so. As long as you are not talking about headphones that cost more than the amply itself!

5. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

May 4, 2006
    Mount Prospect, IL
    What kind of headphones did you try? If you tried inexpensive ear buds, I can see why you hated it. I agree it would likely cost more, but you would have the ability to practice quietly.

6. CallMeAl

CallMeAl

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    I have a Rumble 25 and I love it. But it’s got a rounder warmer tone, I do play jazz and funk, but no slap. I might be inclined to go Warwick for the cleaner preamp and extra headroom.

if you can check out Hartke HD Combos, that’s my first thought for bright slap tone

7. Chris345

Chris345

Sep 14, 2020
    What about Fender Rumble 40 vs Warwick BC 40?
    They have both 10" speakers, but the Rumble is way more expensive.

How is it possible that the Rumble 40 is so expensive, compared to other same size speaker combo amps?
    Does it have much better quality and tone, compared to others?

8. RColie

RColie Gold Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Eugene, OR
    Just curious where you're getting your prices. The Rumble 40 is $200. The Warwick BC 40 seems to be in short supply and the prices I saw doing a quick search went from $230 up to around $280.

I really like the sound of the Rumble 40...for being tweeterless it has a nice upper extension.

droo46 likes this.
  9. Chris345

Chris345

Sep 14, 2020
    Well, I meant prices in Europe and Warwick is made in Germany.
    I see prices are the opposite in Europe, compared to US (the Fender Rumble 40 is at €270 and the Warwick BC 40 is at €150!)
    Shame so much of import tax.
    But I guess after tax, there is not much price difference and therefore quality should not be so different?

10. RColie

RColie Gold Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Eugene, OR
    The Rumbles have a good track record concerning quality. My guess is the Warwicks would as well. I didn't realize you were in Europe...what a price difference!

11. I wouldn't personally spring for anything less than the Rumble 40. The 15 and the 25 just sound bad to me, and outside of bedroom practice, they're not powerful enough for anything.

Chris345 likes this.
  12. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
  13. Chris345

Chris345

Sep 14, 2020
    Suppose you can buy for the same budget:
    1) Fender Rumble 40;
    2) 4-channel head amp + 1x10" cabinet (low/medium-end brand).
    What would you choose?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  14. Chris345

Chris345

Sep 14, 2020
    I agree, although I believe that the Rumble 40 head is very good, the speaker and the other features are not as good as other 1x10" combos (i.e. the Warwick has built-in compressor and tweeter).

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021