1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender rumble 2x8"

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Goteky45, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Goteky45

Goteky45

Oct 30, 2009
    Portugal
    Does anyone know if this cab is good for double bass and ABG?
    I love how ABG's and double bass sound through 8" speakers. The sound is just so natural. :hyper:

This fender is cheap and powerful, but I don't know how reliable it is nor do I know anything about the sound, as there isn't a single one in any of the local retailers.

So, any input?

2. GoranR

GoranR

Oct 10, 2011
    Belgrade, Serbia
    I recently bought Rumble 2x8 which I use with Markbass LM III head for my gigs with jazz quintet. LM+Rumble is probably twice as powerful than my GK 150 MBE and the punch is quite good. The cab is pretty lite (around 13-14 kg), easy to carry and pretty cheap.

However, it really depends how your bass sounds acoustically and what kind of pickup is used. My plywood bass is dark and with Realist can sound pretty muddy through this equipment, but I think it would sound the same through any other cab. I am yet to do a proper setup of the bass and (probably) try some other pickup.

I think you can`t go wrong with this cab if you have good bass, but this is true with any other cab.

Hope this helps.

3. Goteky45

Goteky45

Oct 30, 2009
    Portugal
    I see. It's just that when it comes to double bass and ABG cabs, fender doesn't come to mind. If it sounds natural it's great. But the muddy sounds worries me. I have to try it then, but thank you for your post.

Anyone else has input?

4. GoranR

GoranR

Oct 10, 2011
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Don`t worry about muddy sound - yesterday I tried this cab with BP-100 pickup (which many bassists hate), and, with some EQ-ing I was able to get more opened, stringy, more "natural" sound. As it was mentioned many times before, the cab is last part of the amplification chain - after bass, playing technique, fingers, strings, pickup, head etc ...

You are right - take your time and absolutely try this cab before you buy.

Good luck and post any news when you have.