1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Rumble 350 - Can't Bypass Pre-amp ...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Exo-Politician, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Hey guys,

I've been hammering my Darkglass VMTD all day and I tried to bypass the Pre-amp on the Rumble 350 which sounds beautiful but the Volume also becomes bypassed.

I've done this on other amps and have never had this happen before.

In the past, if I went straight to the Effects Return I can use the Volume on the head but nothing else.

Any pointers?

2. vdub75

vdub75

Feb 15, 2013
    Celle/Germany
    Had the same issue using VT Bass and Rumble 350 head. I think the vol knob is more of a gain with no master behind the preamp and the effects Loop.

3. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Yes, you have to control the volume with whatever you are using as a pre-amp. The volume on the V2 Rumbles is just like all tube amps used to be with a channel volume only. The power amp is basically 'wide open' all the time until the clip detection circuit kicks in the limiter section of the Delta- Comp compressor/limiter.

Another way is to simply plug into the Rumble and place your Darkglass unit in the effects loop. That way you can utilize the volume.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015