1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Rumble 350 stereo input

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by funnyfingers, Sep 30, 2013.

1. funnyfingers

funnyfingers

Nov 27, 2005
    As far as I can tell, the Rumbel 350 will take a 1/4" TRS. The block diagram doesn't show this. So since it physically looks like it will take both signals, what is the effect of this when each pickup is wired independently. Will the pickups interact with eachother as much? I know as far as resistance is concerned, you aren't adding much between them, but not sure what else the cable does in this situation. Would there still be the noticable change in tone/volume when you dial one of the pickups back?

2. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Ummmm, No. All Rumbles are mono bass amplifiers only with a single channel. Any stereo singal you feed into it will immediately become monophonic.

3. funnyfingers

funnyfingers

Nov 27, 2005
    That is what I wanted to know. I know that you can't control it independently. But you do confirm that both signals do get received? Any thought on how the pickups interact when the connection is at the end of the cable?

4. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Unless you are running your pickups completely discreetly into two totally seperate amps, there is no advantage to be gained over running mono. Your pickups will interact exactly the same. Yes the input signal will be received just as if it were mono. Just plug it in and test for yourself.

5. funnyfingers

funnyfingers

Nov 27, 2005
    Haven't wired it in stereo and still need to pickup a stereo cable. But looks like I'll do that. Thanks.

6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Plugging a stereo TRS cable into a mono amp will actually only receive HALF the signal. If you have a stereo bass, and use a stereo cable, the amp will only get the signal from ONE pickup. Think about it, TS = Tip/Sleeve, TRS = Tip/Ring/Sleeve. Complete fail.

7. funnyfingers

funnyfingers

Nov 27, 2005
    This is my question. I looked at the jack on the amp on the inside. The input jack looks like it has a ring and a sleeve. I see the spring like leaf that presses down on the plug.

8. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    It is a mono TS jack. No question.

9. funnyfingers

funnyfingers

Nov 27, 2005
    Confirmed with an RCA to 1/4 stereo that it doesn't pickup both signals, but still curious about what looks like the stereo jack. Maybe it is to provide a noiseless insert?