1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Rumble 410 needs amp. Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Largestal, Jan 4, 2012.

1. I am the proud new owner of a Fender Rumble 410 cabinet, in great shape for $125!

Now I need power. Trying to stay on the inexpensive side, but I want to match it up well. I am a beginner, and really don't need this much at this point, but the deal was too good to pass up.

Have been searching threads on amps, but am hung on how much power this cab should actually have to make it nice and happy. The specs say 500W continuous and 1000W program at 4 ohms.

Any and all suggestions would be great. Actually including a reasonably priced bass to go with it. Building the system backwards, I guess.

2. ProdigalBassman

ProdigalBassman

Mar 22, 2012
    Largestal: I've tried the Rumble 410 at a four different stores. 3 sounded excellent, especially for the price. I just did a side by side comparison at Guitar Center of the Rumble 350 head ($400) vs Ampeg's PF500 ($380). They were pretty comparable but the Ampeg has a -15DB (decibel) switch for active pickup basses and the Rumble is -6DB. There's a noticeable difference. I don't know how important it is to attenuate (downsize) active pickups on the Ampeg if you keep an eye on the "threshold" or clipping light next to the -15DB button. The Ampeg has separate Gain and Master volume controls which may be useful if you want distortion. The Rumble has only a Master volume. I play classic rock so not into distortion. Both sounded quite good. At the above prices I'd go with the Ampeg but my local GC is making it hard to choose! Their Rumble 350 price is the same as Ampeg's PF350 price- $280. I suggest you check out the Rumble 350 and Ampeg PF350 and PF500. Have Fun!!

3. MakoMan

MakoMan

Oct 17, 2011
    The 410 actually was designed to pair with and sounds great with the Rumble 150 head. You might also want to try a GK MB200.

4. thtbassloser

thtbassloser

Aug 28, 2010
    GKMB200 is an amazing head, i would say if you want to go modern, GKmb200, and vintage the portaflex is more then the trick. Also i hear that the GKmb200 is just as loud or louder then the portaflex, im unsure how accurate that is, check up on it.

5. I have my rumble 410 paired with the 350 rumble head..seems to work very well together, has the magnetic attachments for stability, headphone out, auxiliary inputs, etc. The only thing I wish it had was separate low mid and high mid controls but other than that, I'm very happy with the sound I get...very tight and punchy and LOUD

6. rockscott

rockscott

Aug 28, 2010
    massachusetts
    This is the rig im using these days, it's a great little amp and all my basses sound really good through it! My fender jaguar attains amazing tone with this set up, it's like the trio was built as a set!

7. Gougedeye

Gougedeye Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Central Washington
    For the money, the Rumble 350 is a great little head. At least that has been my experience.

8. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    The G.K. MB-500 heads sounds absolutely HUGE through a 4 ohm Rumble 410 cabinet...

9. droo46

droo46

Jun 16, 2011
    I tried the 410 with the Rumble head and I wasn't totally blown away. I do love GK so were it me in your shoes I would spring for the MB-500.