Fender Rumble 800??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by knappymer, Mar 6, 2019.

1. nilorius

nilorius Inactive

Oct 27, 2016
    Riga - Latvia
    Where is any connection with fender rumble 800, or i don't understand smth????

2. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    One of the amp builders here explained it nicely when he said a more powerful amp doesn't have to work as hard to achieve same level of performance so in theory, it should last longer. Also, the whole over-powering cabs thing isn't really true in the real world. I also think that in the old amp days you could drive the amp harder and it would break up in a more musical way than many amps now, which clip in nasty ways or shut-down temporarily in order to avoid hard-clipping.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  3. I have a Fender Rumble 800 head on layby. With next to no reviews on the internet or Youtube I was talked into it because there are no 500s held by Fender in Australia. I only have Fender Rumble V3 15 cabinets so I will be going easy with volume.

knappymer, G-Dog and jeff7bass like this.
  4. 3rdcurve

3rdcurve

Dec 26, 2008
    Sullivan, MO
    Wonder if it will have the same magnetic feet spaced to match up with the rumble v3 cabs.

5. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016
    Yes! :) The Fender Rumble 800 HD webpage says, under Features,

• Compatible with patented Fender magnetic attachment system on all Rumble speaker cabinets
    Hope this helps.

6. Low Class

Low Class

Jul 4, 2005
    Gasaholic
    Shipping now pushed back to 4/19. :(

7. dlb1001

dlb1001

Jan 30, 2007
    I have Rumble 500 head but wasn't thrilled that it had 1/4 inch jacks for the speakers. But, I saw that the Rumble 800 has Speakon connectors.

8. Fekwood

Fekwood The Mighty Beer Atom!

Jan 18, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Ughhh! What retailer has a ship date of 4/19?

I "pre-ordered" from GC on 2/14 and the ship date then was 3/13, well that didn't happen.
    GC and MF have pushed back the ship date FIVE times 3/13->3/16->3/23->3/22->3/27->and now 4/03. What's up with that?

I see a handful of online retailers claim to have 1 or 2 units in stock and ready to ship. I see Sweetwater has them in stock, they don't say how many, and one person has already posted a review, "Super powerful amp with tons of head room at a great price." Doesn't really tell me much and wonder if that 'review' was written by an employee?

So does anyone have an idea as why some retailers have them in stock ready to ship and why GC and MF keep pushing back the ship date?

9. Low Class

Low Class

Jul 4, 2005
    Gasaholic
    It was 4/19 early this morning on MF and then it changed to 4/03. Looks like those that priced them at $499 don't have them and the those that had them priced at $599 do.

Fekwood likes this.
  10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    It's not a problem.

11. 3rdcurve

3rdcurve

Dec 26, 2008
    Sullivan, MO
    Nice! I was at a local store and they had a 210 V3 cab floor model marked down to 249.99 . That price had me very interested in putting together a vertical 410 setup, but they had no heads to try the cab out with. I plugged into a r40 combo, but didnt get it loud enough to really hear what it could do.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    G-Dog likes this.
  12. Low Class

Low Class

Jul 4, 2005
    Gasaholic
    Ship date changed to 4/04 yesterday and then again today to 4/05. I'm about to give up and pay the extra $100 at Sweetwater who has them is stock.

Fekwood likes this.
  13. Fekwood

Fekwood The Mighty Beer Atom!

Jan 18, 2010
    Portland, OR
    As of yesterday, GC shows that they are "In stock and ready to ship".
    I then checked my online invoice and the status of my order was listed as "Backordered". I figured I'd wait 24 hours and check again. I checked this morning and it's status was still listed as backordered. I decided to call them and see what's up. The rep said they have a limited number of them in stock and that my order will ship out today!:hyper:

I'm looking forward to comparing the Rumble 800 head to my Rumble 500 head. I pretty happy with the R500, but I like that the DI on the R800 is separated from the master volume and the addition of Speakon connectors is very much welcomed. I sold my Quilter BB800 to get the Rumble 800 and sure hope it has some of the 'heft' of the Quilter. According to the manual, the R800 operates in Bridge Mode. I wonder if they are using 2 ICE modules in bridge mode or something else?

From the manual:
    R800 Bridged Amps.JPG

14. Low Class

Low Class

Jul 4, 2005
    Gasaholic
    I just checked my order details on MF and it went from backordered to "Processing". I hope that means it's about to ship.

jeff7bass and Fekwood like this.
  15. mbell75

mbell75

May 23, 2016
    So $600 for the amp and $400 for a 2x10 Rumble cab, that’s $1k for 400 watts. You can get the Rumble 500 combo for $600 and still get 350 watts and the combo is lighter. I guess this only makes sense if you want multiple cabs and like to haul around a ton of gear.

16. bassvet

bassvet

Dec 22, 2018
    Hey TB'ers, I have one of these. I picked it up from a local Guitar Center on Tuesday...great tone AND headroom for days! I had a Quilter Bass Block, but the EQ features on the Rumble series gives me what I'm looking for...old school tone! I'm using 2 of the Trace Elliot Elf 2X8" bass cabs with it, and have yet to push the master volume past noon (gain knob is all the way off)! I highly recommend this amp for old school tone, but slappers will love it too!

PaulCliff and jeff7bass like this.
  17. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016
    Great, bassvet! Please share your experience and pix with the Fender Rumble Club. Lots of discussion there, but nobody has seen one in actual use, yet.

jeff7bass likes this.
  18. soflbass

soflbass

Mar 2, 2013
    S Florida
    Ordered one yesterday from GC and it shipped the same day.

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  19. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016
    Great, soflbass! Please share with the Rumble Club!

soflbass likes this.
  20. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

Does that mean sometime in April 2019, or 19-Apr-19?

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021