Fender Rumble 800??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by knappymer, Mar 6, 2019.

1. soflbass

soflbass

Mar 2, 2013
    S Florida
    Will do G-Dog!

G-Dog likes this.
  2. Fekwood

Fekwood The Mighty Beer Atom!

Jan 18, 2010
    Portland, OR
    The Rumble 800 HD Head finally arrived!!!
    20190401_132208.jpg

I'll post a review over on the Fender Rumble Club when I've had a chance to play through it.:bassist:

Fender Rumble Club

3. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    Nice! Congrats!

Fekwood likes this.
  4. BeyondFiredUp

BeyondFiredUp

Jan 29, 2005
    Texas
    Wow, looks beautiful and well furnished. That's a nice touch including the carry bag and all the accessories. Seems like Fender hit this outta the park, but we'll wait for the reviews to pour in...Waiting!!

jeff7bass and mbell75 like this.
  5. About to buy one from my local store, Tony’s Music Box, $729 CND to replace my TC Electronics BH500. I run a GenzBenz 212T over an Eden Ex115, vertical. Both 4 ohms and all three drivers 300w.

So need 2 ohm head. The BH500 secretly can, although rated 4 ohm -TCE tech said it can do 2 ohm-with TCE cabs, but couldn’t guarantee other manufacturer’s... .

My two other options: Mesa DB800 and Genzler Megellan 800. In emailing Genzler question about their 350, Jeff Genzler himself answered, “It's not about how loud you need but the torque and extra headroom. And at 2 ohms and club work I'd recommend the MG800”. (In-line with the earlier question/comments in this thread-and he would know!). I’d love either of those, but my non-pro $ budget and motorcycle season starting, the FR800 seems to sit in my mix pretty well!

Maybe it’s just my brain wanting a new bass option. Change is good.

G-Dog likes this.
  6. Ordered. :thumbsup:
    Strange not to find the Rumble 800 on Fender's site though?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  7. mbell75

mbell75

May 23, 2016
    *Spoiler alert*

It sounds just like the Rumble 500. No need for any reviews :laugh:

J-Bassomatic and BackToTheGroove like this.
  8. Betse

Betse

Apr 4, 2019
    Switzerland
    Hey Talk-Basser
    I'm looking forward to test the Rumble 800 next week!
    Do you think the Rumble 210 cab can handle the full power of the 800 Head?
    The head has 400 watts @ 8 ohm / Cab 350 watts – but «continous» - it’s a bit confusing.
    Thank you for any helpful Response.
    Betse

9. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016
    Well, Betsy, the speakers in the Rumble 210 cab are the same as in the Rumble Stage 800. So, if Fender obviously thinks they handle the 400 continuous watts of that combo, why shouldn't they take it from the Rumble 800 HD?

My theory is that Fender very conservatively rated the newly designed 2x10s in the Rumble 500 combo at 350 continuous watts simply because that's what the 500 amp was rated at 8 ohms. (This was about the same time they decided very conservatively to put the same 300 watt continuous 15" speaker in the 115 cab and the Rumble 200 combo, where it can only ever actually see a maximum of 140 watts continuous!) The 210 cab came about a year later and also was given the very conservative 350 rating, probably for consistency.

Then, a few years later, with lotsa real world experience on these speakers, comes the Rumble Stage 800 combo needing speakers for 400 watts at 8 ohms. By then, they are confident that the same 2x10s can handle it just fine. So, should they re-rate the 210 cab and the speakers in the Rumble 500 combo?? Nah!! Too confusing. And when they needed a 400 watt extension cab for the Stage 800 what do they do? Take the same 210 cab and only change the cosmetics to match the Stage combo! It's the same speakers in the Stage combo and the black 210 cab, both rated 350 watts on paper, but actually taking up to 400 watts from the Stage 800 amp!! Not a problem. Still within warranty!

Worried about those extra watts between rating and actual use? I wouldn't be, not one bit. But, if it bothers you anyway, then just add another extension cab! The Stage can run just fine with TWO 8 ohm extension cabs, there's even an impedance switch for setting that. (Yes, the amp is running at 2.67 ohms that way. No problemo!) And the Rumble 800 HD can run at 2 ohms, meaning up to FOUR 8 ohm cabs!!!

Now the Bassman 800 is a little different. It runs at 500 watts at 8 ohms!! I wouldn't use anything less than a 500 watt Rumble or Bassman 410 for that!

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  10. Betse

Betse

Apr 4, 2019
    Switzerland
    Dear G-Dog
    Wow. Thank you for your explanations. They're very helpful.
    If I like the rumble HD 800 soundwise, I will decide for the 2x10 cab. If it would be too quiet for gigs, I might buy a second one. :smug: ...or then a 4x10 for gigs. :)
    Greetings from switzerland
    Betse

LoveJackBruce and G-Dog like this.
  11. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016
    I know, right? :thumbsup:

Fekwood and gsgbass like this.
  12. Fekwood

Fekwood The Mighty Beer Atom!

Jan 18, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Thanks and congrats on yours!
    I tried out the R800 at rehearsal on Thursday night and it kicked butt! I feel like it has more headroom than the R500. I do believe it's a keeper!

mbell75, gsgbass and G-Dog like this.
  13. 9M2E

9M2E

Dec 6, 2011
    Middleport, NY
    4x10 and 1x15 arrived today, head arrives tomorrow :)

gsgbass, G-Dog and mbell75 like this.
  14. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Just curious, what 410 & 115 would those be, with what RMS or continuous ratings?

15. CLMSHQ

CLMSHQ

Apr 17, 2007
    Danielson, CT
    I don't need another amp, I don't need another amp!!!!

Giffro and G-Dog like this.
  16. Betse

Betse

Apr 4, 2019
    Switzerland
    Finally got my 800 Head and the 2x10 Rumble cab last week and took it to first rehearsal on wednesday. My only doubt was, if this setup is enough loud against two guitars and one drummer.

…and it is!
    Wow, enough headroom. And the distorsion, amazing. Especially the possibility to activate it by foot switch.

The «vintage» button changes my active bass (Sandberg TM) to an oldschool-sounding instrument. The «bright» button is cool for slapping, even if my technique is not so good, yet :).

The 18kgs of the cab is not to heavy and not too light and it feels of good quality.
    Overall a great head/cab combination for my needs. Would buy it again.

IMG_60512.JPG

17. 9M2E

9M2E

Dec 6, 2011
    Middleport, NY
    I got the accompanying Rumble 410 and 115 cabs. 410: Power handling: 1,000W (Program), 500W (Continuous) 115: 600W (program); 300W (continuous).

Capture.JPG

chupacerveza and CozmoCosty like this.
  18. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

OoOoo, tres formidable, Niner! Curiouser, and curiouser, are you planning to put the 410 on top, as shown? "Not that there's anything wrong with that." But, if it was me, and sometimes it is, in my dreams, I'd put the 115 on top! While I'm not sure of a very big difference in sound with the 15", I'd want it closest to my ears just in case there is. ;)

I'm sure you know, others would say you want the lower rated cab on top to hear any signs of stress when the amp is cranked. But I seriously doubt I'd ever crank it enough to be any problem to the speaker. Maybe my ears, but not the speaker. :laugh:

Please, come show a pic of your rig in the Fender Rumble Club!

CozmoCosty and Giffro like this.
  19. 9M2E

9M2E

Dec 6, 2011
    Middleport, NY
    Yup, and I have tried this in the past with multiple GK rigs and always end up with the 10's back on top. It's just what my ears seem to prefer while never minding the rest...lol.
    Can't wait to unbox the head later. I'll take pics tonight and post em' up! Got the whole stack for $1250 on ebay through sweetwater with 24 months same as cash with paypal :)

tshapiro and G-Dog like this.
  20. 9M2E

9M2E

Dec 6, 2011
    Middleport, NY
    Rumble stack + Kilo.jpg SO far I love it BUT...I got the amp on ebay from I thought sweetwater but it was someone else, only the cabs came form them...the amp was advertised as BRAND NEW and when I opened the box and took the amp out of the bag there was a set list with it...so I was sent a used return!!!!!

chupacerveza and tshapiro like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021