Fender Rumble 800??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by knappymer, Mar 6, 2019.

1. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016

Oh, no! Niner, did you get the bag, speaker cable and footswitch (and owner's manual)? See Fekwood's post here: Fender Rumble 800??

2. 9M2E

9M2E

Dec 6, 2011
    Middleport, NY
    LOL, yes all the goodies were there PLUS a set list folded up in the amp bag with the amp. The seller is making it right ;)

Gavin220168 and G-Dog like this.
  3. soflbass

soflbass

Mar 2, 2013
    S Florida
    20190403_235504.jpg
    This is a nice amp indeed! So far two rehearsals and very impressed.

4. PaulCliff

PaulCliff

May 11, 2019
    Hey bassvet I was thinking to buy this set up. Will be enough to play with 2 loud guitarist and a drummer? I usually rent an head and a 4x10 cab when we go to rehearse at the studio but it’s time to buy my rig in case we start to gig around. (Mainly pubs). My first idea was to pair the fender head with a 2x12 800w 4hom Markbass and in case add something else as the head can go to 2ohm, but I like the Trace Elliot cabs because their portability.
    Please give some of your feedback.
    Thanks

CozmoCosty likes this.
  5. soflbass

soflbass

Mar 2, 2013
    S Florida
    The amp has power to spare and would be suitable for the band you describe, provided you have enough speaker surface area. A 2x12 may do it, depending on how you eq and the overall volume. You can always add another matching cab later, if needed.

chupacerveza and PaulCliff like this.
  6. Rizillin

Rizillin

Jul 2, 2012
    So how do you like it? I have the rumble 500 210 combo and sometimes pair it with the 410 extension can. Today I ordered the 800 hd and 115 so I'll have lots of combination to choose. How is the 800 with 410 and 115? Ever use it with the 115 by itself? And what sort of tone do you like and achieve?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  7. keith1r

keith1r Supporting Member

Aug 4, 2009
    How does it sound running direct? I have the 500 and sound man always has trouble with it

8. Rizillin

Rizillin

Jul 2, 2012
    I've had no issues. The 800 also has pre/post EQ for direct. Have you tried mic'ing your cab instead of running direct? Maybe that will help.

9. I bought one last summer. For me it’s perfect.
    From it go a GB 212T with an Eden 115 under it. Into the amp is a Korg blackout tuner, a Zoom B2 through effects loop with a TCE SpectraComp at the end. I mainly use a ‘74 Ric 4001 (rounds) and a ‘15 G&L SB-2T (flats) with it. For the XLR out question I’ve played one gig going from the F800HD to FOH (in post) and it sounded and behaved just grand.

soflbass and G-Dog like this.
  10. jmwreck

jmwreck

Sep 14, 2015
    Wow, nice lookin setup. we have the same number of players in the band, 2 guitars, bass and drums, I am waiting for my rumble 210 to arrive. You've mentioned that it's good in your band setting, what type of music do you play? I am planing on getting that head as well, but would like to hear reviews before buying it. Don't you feel the need for a 115?

11. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Here are some reviews for you, jm. fender rumble 800 hd head review - بحث Google

jmwreck likes this.
  12. jmwreck

jmwreck

Sep 14, 2015
    thank you, rumble 210 will be my first bass cab. TBH, I already have a BQ500 and wanted to buy the K210 matching cab with it, but they stopped selling those cabs. After some googling for a bass cabinet, I found out that a rumble 210 was on sale in my country, so I bought it. Now, I'm selling away my BQ500 to fund for the 800hd, and maybe an extra 115.

13. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Excellent, wrecker! See my post quoted here about the lower rated 115 cab. Also, show your Rumbles in The Rumble Club, too.

jmwreck likes this.
  14. Hi guys,
    I'm looking to pair the 800 head with a mix of Rumble 112 v3 cabs.
    Anyone know what power they will see from the head if I set it to 2ohms and use these 8ohm cabs? I'm thinking one of them for rehearsal, two for most gigs and three for big stages.
    I know I'll never get the full 800 watts but I'm ok with that.
    Thanks, Doug

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021