1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Rumble Amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dana R Gregory, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Does any one have experience with the Fender Rumble V3 500 with 2 10'' speakers combo. It looks to have a good amount of power in a fairly compact package for an affordable price. Just how good is it in a dance hall or night club. Is it any good out doors. This would be for just about any genre of music. Another possibility if money allows it, would be the Rumble V3 500 head with the Rumble 1000 cab with 4 10s. I have the Rumble 15 for practice at home and it is more than adequate, but eventually I will need something for a real gig and money is tight for me. :):cool::bassist:

Jazzgwd likes this.
  2. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Chamonix Mont-Blanc
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    I don't own the amps in question but have always found that 2 x 10s become tough if you are trying to keep up with a drummer. That package in a 4x10 should be pretty sweet.

3. DannyBob

DannyBob

Aug 28, 2013
    UK
    I have found that the only way to get a 2x10 to work well in a live situation is to pair it with a 1x15. Either that or get a line split to run it to 2 2x10's, and have a 2x10 for clean sounds and a 2x10 for the FX and the rest.......

As I am writing this it may be good to do the same for a 2x10 and 1x15, with the 1x15 just for bass and low-mids, then have the 2x10 for high mids and treble and also for any effects and OD that you need. Helps to keep a tight low end that is often lost with running effects without true bypass......hmmm....

4. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    KingKrabb likes this.
  5. I was seriously considering this combo until I learned Fender doesn't offer a matching 2x10 cab to go with it.

I personally would like the idea of matching this combo with another 2x10 to make it a 4x10, vs. 2x10 + 1x15.

So, I sent off an email to Fender, asking if they had any plan to make a 2x10 cab available any time soon.
    Here's the response I got from one of their customer service reps:

"Unfortunately, at this time the 4x10 and 1x15 are the only cabinets available. At this time I do not see any plans on making a 2x10. But, this could change in the future. I will definitely send up the suggestion."

6. bdplaid

bdplaid Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2007
    I bought one this week. Like it a lot. did 2 outdoor gigs with it (in the hot florida sun, no less). Under a Tiki hut roof, which is the bane of all things bass, it was as decent as the sounds ever gets there. Boomy on some notes, you get the drift; anyone who's played under one of those things knows of what I speak. However, the other gig was outdoors in the open on a dock with no back nor side, just pure sound. The rumble 500 kicked, gotta tell you. No boom and lots of low end. but herein is the problem I have with it: It has so much low end it's hard for me to get midrange definition from it. Finally yesterday I turned both mid controls all the way up and the bass about halfway back. It definitely started to sing with that setup. and you gotta place it on the floor. I tried it up about waist-high and it sounded like a transistor radio. But on the floor - wham!
    Overall, I like it a lot. It's hard to find a combo in this size and weight that will push out CLEAR even notes from a low B, but this one does it. sounds tight while doing it, too. I'm kind of amazed at the low end that comes from this little combo.
    The speakers, while lightweight, are ceramic, leading me to guess that Fender's money went into speaker development, because these really sound different from any neo I've ever heard - more like old school ferrites that weigh a ton.
    Honestly, the jury's still out a bit because of the bass-heavy nature of it. But that's actually the good about it too: I bet you can't find another combo in this size and weight that will put out the low end this one does. Fat low end, not farty, burpy low end.
    FWIW, my band loves it. We play loud - my usual amp involves 800 watts of either GK or Markbass into some arrangement of 4x10s or 15s - and they thought it was very clear and beefy. The rumble 500 definitely competes with all my other stuff. I might have just talked myself into keeping it. :)

Linnin likes this.
  7. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Fabulous review, bdplaid! :woot: We're waiting for you over at the Fender Rumble Club. ;)