Fender Rumble Bass 100

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cassanova, Feb 4, 2006.

1. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    I recently bought one of these so I could have an inexpensive amp to use. Just wondering what others here who use them think of them?

For an amp with a tweeter in it, I'm finding it very hard to get the highs and to some extent mids from my 6 string to ring out clearly. I'm thinking this has to do with the 1x15 it has in it.
  2. Jimmy P.

Jimmy P.

Apr 5, 2005
    Tokyo, Japan
    I have the Rumble 60 - one size smaller than yours. Twelve inch driver and no tweeter, but love those red 'Stage Lights'! Seriously, I am very satisfied with the tone, and never touch the EQ. After I added a digital effects (Zoom BFX-707) between bass and amp the sound was beefed up considerably.
  3. Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ

saw a small gig few months ago - guy had a fretless jazz bass with a rumble 100(?).

i assume he EQ'd it heavily, but i couldnt see. had a VERY full, smooooth fretless tone, surprisingly large sound for the size/room. impressive for a smallish package. the lights are horrific.
  4. I gig'd a rumble 100 into the ground last year. It was about a third of the power I needed, but the light weight and small size made it so convenient! I used to play it with the eq set flat as well, and found it to have quite a good modern hi-fi type of tone, much like the swr workingman series WM15 I had, but the SWR was more powerful and more versatile. I did have some trouble coaxing the high mids out of the 15 and it did seem like there was a slight gap between the high frequency response rolloff of the speaker and where the tweeter took over...
  5. Church I attend and oft times our rehearsal space has one. Cool lights, cool tone, cool size. What kinda air does it push in a serious gigging situation?
  6. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    How'd you finally coax those high mids outta her?
  7. well, it does have separate knobs for high and low mids, but I think the high mids that the knob adjusts were just a tad too bright, so I adgusted it with the mids on my bass. overall, the amp has a very nice punchy modern sound though, and the DI out sends a good clean sound to the FOH. Got many compliments from FOH engineers on that one - unless it was the Warwick that they were talkin about...?
  8. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Banned

Nov 20, 2005
    I had a 100. It packed quite a punch for only being 100 watts.
    It had tons of bottom. They should ditch the red lights and put that extra work into making it about 50 watts hotter.
  9. I gig with one a lot (due to my bad back, I can't carry my stack ,but my bandmates bring my rumble for me).

I play in an oldies doo wop band so we are not that loud, but it works fine for me.

I do miss the tone of my Eden stack though.
  10. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000

I would too.

I dont have many complaints in general about her tone. When I'm by myself practicing, it rings out very bright highs. It's when I get into an ensamble setting that the highs never ring through. Or at least to me they dont seem to, when I go to that C string and play in the middle to upper registers of the board, they should come through and they just arent.