Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Rumble Bass 100

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cassanova, Feb 4, 2006.

1. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    I recently bought one of these so I could have an inexpensive amp to use. Just wondering what others here who use them think of them?

For an amp with a tweeter in it, I'm finding it very hard to get the highs and to some extent mids from my 6 string to ring out clearly. I'm thinking this has to do with the 1x15 it has in it.

2. Jimmy P.

Jimmy P.

Apr 5, 2005
    Tokyo, Japan
    I have the Rumble 60 - one size smaller than yours. Twelve inch driver and no tweeter, but love those red 'Stage Lights'! Seriously, I am very satisfied with the tone, and never touch the EQ. After I added a digital effects (Zoom BFX-707) between bass and amp the sound was beefed up considerably.

3. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ

saw a small gig few months ago - guy had a fretless jazz bass with a rumble 100(?).

i assume he EQ'd it heavily, but i couldnt see. had a VERY full, smooooth fretless tone, surprisingly large sound for the size/room. impressive for a smallish package. the lights are horrific.

4. I gig'd a rumble 100 into the ground last year. It was about a third of the power I needed, but the light weight and small size made it so convenient! I used to play it with the eq set flat as well, and found it to have quite a good modern hi-fi type of tone, much like the swr workingman series WM15 I had, but the SWR was more powerful and more versatile. I did have some trouble coaxing the high mids out of the 15 and it did seem like there was a slight gap between the high frequency response rolloff of the speaker and where the tweeter took over...

5. Church I attend and oft times our rehearsal space has one. Cool lights, cool tone, cool size. What kinda air does it push in a serious gigging situation?

6. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    How'd you finally coax those high mids outta her?

7. well, it does have separate knobs for high and low mids, but I think the high mids that the knob adjusts were just a tad too bright, so I adgusted it with the mids on my bass. overall, the amp has a very nice punchy modern sound though, and the DI out sends a good clean sound to the FOH. Got many compliments from FOH engineers on that one - unless it was the Warwick that they were talkin about...?

8. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Banned

Nov 20, 2005
    Phila,Pa.
    I had a 100. It packed quite a punch for only being 100 watts.
    It had tons of bottom. They should ditch the red lights and put that extra work into making it about 50 watts hotter.

9. I gig with one a lot (due to my bad back, I can't carry my stack ,but my bandmates bring my rumble for me).

I play in an oldies doo wop band so we are not that loud, but it works fine for me.

I do miss the tone of my Eden stack though.

10. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida

I would too.

I dont have many complaints in general about her tone. When I'm by myself practicing, it rings out very bright highs. It's when I get into an ensamble setting that the highs never ring through. Or at least to me they dont seem to, when I go to that C string and play in the middle to upper registers of the board, they should come through and they just arent.