1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    At a lot of concerts in the 60's, if a strong police presence was projected, the AOR radio stations would suggest that you 'bring your head with you.':cool:

BBassBassington likes this.
  2. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    headphones are not an option for me due to an ear condition. sound proximity, regardless of how low the volume is, causes me pain that can last for days or even weeks.

i'm interested in using my own head, but maybe not at the moment.

i frequently read posts where people recommend bringing your own head. i haven't found a lot of stores that will let you do this.

GonePlaid likes this.
  3. MCF

MCF

Sep 1, 2014
    US
    90F59978-7D78-475E-9C6B-BF3DD80DD8B5.
    The Rumble 25 sounds great to me at low volume. I use mine in the family room when noodling around while watching TV (mostly during baseball season; Go Dodgers!) It also travels with me when I stay in hotels and I’ve never had a complaint about noise.

BBassBassington and pcake like this.
  4. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    Me too!

GonePlaid likes this.
  5. G-Dog

G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016
    Bass to input of Studio 40. Instrument cable from Studio's Left (Mono) FX Send to 500's FX Return. That bypasses all the controls on the 500. Use only the controls on the Studio.

MCF, GonePlaid and RumbleMan3 like this.
  6. richwag

richwag

Dec 14, 2018
    Totally. I really wish they offered the 500 combo with a 1x15. Add a second 1x15 cabinet and for me, that's just perfect.

I have the 2x10 combo with a 1x15 cabinet and I've noticed that the 2x10 speakers fart out long before the 1x15.

7. SoulReflection

SoulReflection Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2017
    NorCal
    Yes...if I ever find my Combo 200 with the 1x15 cab lacking, I will buy a 500 head and another 1x15 cab!

EatS1stBassist and GonePlaid like this.
  8. RumbleMan3

RumbleMan3

Apr 14, 2018
    Australia
    Sweet thanks!!!

GonePlaid likes this.
  9. TheMaartian

TheMaartian Always forward. Never straight. Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2014
    Flagstaff, AZ
    I was going to LIKE this post, until I saw "Dodgers".

Come on, spring training!

Go D-backs! :laugh:

MCF and GonePlaid like this.
  10. pipelinepete

pipelinepete

Jan 1, 2017
    Tried searching but couldn't find answer. I have a Rumble 500 head with the matching 4x10 and 2x10 cabinets. If there's nobody home I'll hook up both cabs to the head and let 'er rip. In this configuration, it seems to me that the 2x10 works harder - the drivers are really pumping (vs the ones in the 4x10). It got me wondering if the 500W is divided equally between the two output channels (i.e. does 250W go to each cabinet)?. If that's the case, does each driver in the 4x10 get 250/4 (62.5W) and each driver in the 2x10 is getting 250/2 (125W)? Thanks!

11. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Yes. In this case, all of your assumptions are correct if the horns are turned off. To be clear the applied power is inversely proportional to the cabinets impedance. If you had one cab that was 8 ohms and another that is 4 ohms the 4 ohm cabinet would see twice the power the 8 ohm cab would.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    BBassBassington likes this.
  12. RumbleMan3

RumbleMan3

Apr 14, 2018
    Australia
    anyone ever changed the grille on their stage 800, from the black to the silver? Will the 200/500 combo size grille fit the 800?
    if anyones got pictures of it id love to see! I am SERIOUSLY considering gettin a stage 800 it appears to be the ultimate bass amp package for me drool

GonePlaid likes this.
  13. RumbleMan3

RumbleMan3

Apr 14, 2018
    Australia
    Also, where can I get the proper fender blackface logos? To put on my R100? Are they all the same or do they have different screw holes? Also how do I remove the grille off my amp?

Also how can you clean the speaker? What do I use? Do they need a regular clean, I havent cleaned since I bought it a year and a month ago, does it need just a wipe down or something?

Sorry I know its a lot of questions. Really apreciate y'all putting up with me, and thanks for your replies in advice

GonePlaid likes this.
  14. Ducerro

Ducerro

Dec 6, 2018
    Yoakum, TX
    As I read this I had to chuckle a bit. Nothing wrong with your question at all. But the reason I bought two 210 Rumble cabs was because they came in Black OR Silver and I wanted all Black - and I heard rumors that the black faced 210 cabs were being discontinued (I have no idea if that is true). It's funny - to me at least - how much color plays a preference in everything we do and we all want a color the other one has. Lucky for us they don't come in red as well... :smug:

GonePlaid likes this.
  15. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Welcome Rumbler # 1036! Is this your first Rumble? Rumble on!

Matt23, randini and GonePlaid like this.
  16. Jeremy Jones

Jeremy Jones

May 8, 2018
    Dubuque
    To set up a preset I use the tone app. If it is on the fly during the gig then I use the knobs

GonePlaid and G-Dog like this.
  17. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    The 40. There you will control the sound. The 500 becomes just a slave power amp. Not even the master volume will be in the circuit. Think of the 40 as a preamp.

GonePlaid and G-Dog like this.
  18. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    They were available in blonde/oxblood.......(I missed)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019 at 9:58 AM
  19. GonePlaid

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    FWIW(not much), Peavey has some new bass amps that look interesting. I just can't buy anything Peavey.

MCF, Ronzo and Raymundo49 like this.
  20. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Where can I get the proper fender blackface logos to put on my R100?
    https://www.amazon.com/Fender-0994093000-Blackface-Amplifier-Logo/dp/B00I3ELMX4

Are they all the same or do they have different screw holes?
    Each logo design has unique hole locations.

How do I remove the grille off my amp?
    Check the lower right corner of your amp, there should be a tab there; pull that tab (with some authority) and the grill comes loose.

How can you clean the speaker?
    Use it, the vibration will shake the dust off; or do you mean the cabinet.

What do I use?
    A mild cleanser on the cabinet, a damp soapy cloth, Windex, 409, I've used all of those in the past for dirty cases and cabs.

Do they need a regular clean, does it need just a wipe down or something?
    They need to be dusted as often as your abode demands dusting be done.

RumbleMan3 and GonePlaid like this.