1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. We are aware of an issue affecting search results for classifieds searches and advanced search functions.  Actively working on a fix, thanks for your patience!

Fender Rumble Knobs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rhubarbcrumble, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Rhubarbcrumble

Rhubarbcrumble

Feb 2, 2019
    U.K.
    Hi, I’m new to the forum and this is my first post. I recently bought a second hand Fender Rumble 500 combo, which is in pretty good shape, except for the plastic Fender badge on the grille cloth which is cracked and the off-white radio knobs have a kind of sticky, yellow residue in them that I can’t remove with washing-up liquid and a cloth. Does anyone know where I can obtain replacement knobs of the same type and a replacement grille badge? Thanks.

jamro217, BlitzCraig and FenderB like this.
  2. mobass55

mobass55 Supporting Member

Sep 22, 2017
    Nixa Missouri
    Well, I'll say it first, welcome to TB! You can get the logo and knobs off Ebay. I changed my knobs to black because the looked better.

3. Rhubarbcrumble

Rhubarbcrumble

Feb 2, 2019
    U.K.
    Hi, thanks for your reply. I did do an online search for the parts before coming on here, including eBay, but I couldn't find the ivory knobs or the Fender logo badge. Do you have a direct link for the parts?

Rizillin likes this.
  4. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Logo badges you probably have to get direct from Fender. As to knobs, don't worry about exact replacements. Frankly, most people think smaller and/or darker knobs look better.

Rhubarbcrumble likes this.
  5. Ducerro

Ducerro

Dec 6, 2018
    Yoakum, TX
    BlitzCraig, Inky13, Steadfast and 2 others like this.
  6. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Welcome to Talkbass!!!!!!

Honestly, my least favorite aspect of this amps is the knobs. This is your chance to right a wrong!!!! Put some black knobs in that puppy! :D

7. Rhubarbcrumble

Rhubarbcrumble

Feb 2, 2019
    U.K.
    How do I go about joining the Fender Rumble Club on here? Sorry, I’m a newbie.

8. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    Just post in the Rumble Club thread. All of the "clubs" work that way. Someone decides to create one by posting a thread, and the thread becomes a place to chat about that thing. In some of the "clubs" the person who created the original post will maintain a list of people who joined, just by editing their post.

Low tech, but works. Like a bass. ;)

9. buldog5151bass

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut

Find the thread here under amps and cabs, and chime in. Clubs aren't anything formal, just a place where people who use certain things tend to gather and talk shop. Feel free to read any thread, and ask questions.

HolmeBass and Rhubarbcrumble like this.
  10. Rhubarbcrumble

Rhubarbcrumble

Feb 2, 2019
    U.K.
    I think I made this post within the Fender Rumble Club. Does that mean I’ve joined it?

11. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    Yup! Welcome to TB.

12. cattrax

cattrax

Oct 17, 2010
    Gainesville, FL
    Here's the link to the Fender Rumble Club thread. Over 1600 pages! Tons of info.

Fender Rumble Club

13. Rhubarbcrumble

Rhubarbcrumble

Feb 2, 2019
    U.K.
    I tagged the Fender Rumble Club when I started this thread. Does that mean I’ve joined the Fender Rumble Club on here?

14. buldog5151bass

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    There is no formal "joining". If you posted there and asked to join, I expect @Gravedigger Dav will answer, going you an "official" number, welcoming you, and urging you to rumble on.

Rhubarbcrumble, randini and cattrax like this.
  15. I’m gonna offer dissenting opinion. I like the ivory knobs.

16. Rhubarbcrumble

Rhubarbcrumble

Feb 2, 2019
    U.K.
    Me too, but I can’t seem to find replacement ones anywhere! I messaged Fender, so we’ll see what they say.

17. Rhubarbcrumble

Rhubarbcrumble

Feb 2, 2019
    U.K.
    I think I posted this thread in the Fender Rumble Club, but I didn’t see where I could ask to join.

18. buldog5151bass

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    All you have to do is type something like "can I join?", Or ask for a member number. As I said, it's nothing formal. There are "clubs" .for anything popular, including the "mediocre player with expensive equipment" club.

19. Rhubarbcrumble

Rhubarbcrumble

Feb 2, 2019
    U.K.
    I’ve private messaged Gravedigger Dav thank you

20. Bassngtr

Bassngtr

Jul 21, 2007
    Methuen, MA
    I like the oversized ivory Rumble knobs too, but wow did they get dirty fast.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 22, 2021