Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Rumble series

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jazzin', Jul 13, 2004.

1. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

does anyone have any experiece with any fender rumble amps? im thinking of buying the 60watt fender rumble bass amp. i looked it over, it has what i want. only problem is that its a little too big to tranposrt around easily and weighs 50lbs. i just want to hear other people's opinions about the rumble seires.

2. xb100

xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    I was actully going to get a rumble 100 but insted i got a pv tnt 150 watts, 200 watts with extension speaker, its not exactly easy to move but its loud. The only reason i got the pv insted of the fender was because i thought it was a better deal. But I'm looking to upgrade to a half stack in the near future. I say if you think it sounds good get it and i dont see how you'd have trouble moveing it? My tnt weighs close to 90 pounds and i can still pick it up and carry it to my car but thats my PO.

3. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

theres 2 fender 100watt rumble series amps at my school, but i dont use them, i use the bigger one, so i dont know if the rumble series amps are any good, when the school year starts, im gonna try the rumble amps. if i like it, ill probably ge tthe 60watt one.

4. I got the rumble 100, its really nice and sounded awesome but it broke within 2 months of having it and its been in the shop since the end of febuary. Fender doesnt have good customer service!

5. i hold a really good belief to share with you guys:

when a company that is primarily known for making basses and guitars (difficult work) and then decides to manufacture good amplifiers for these instruments (especially harder to do for bass), it's not the best idea to invest in a company that isn't amp focused.

in other words, Fender is good with guitars, and alot of people have faith in them, but when it comes to their credibility for amps, i wouldn't trust them because not many professional artists are using them.

i know that i sound like a guy for big name brands, but the fact is, if there are not many people are using these amps, then it kinda sends a message across that they aren't worth the money and it's safer to invest in ampeg or something

6. xb100

xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    I really like the workinman 15 combo was looking at that untill i saw the price tag and decided to go pv tnt 115.