1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Rumble upgrade 12" speaker

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by codycuster, Jan 26, 2018.

1. codycuster

Dec 4, 2015
    I want to upgrade the 12" speaker in my Rumble 100 combo.

Eminence Basslite S2012 OR Deltalite II 2512 and why.

Linnin likes this.
  2. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, Chopshopamps.com
    How do you know either will actually be an upgrade in sound quality?
    AstroSonic and BassmanPaul like this.
  3. Rick James

Rick James

Feb 24, 2007
    New Jersey
    +1. You can only get so much out of 100 watts and a 1.5 cubic foot cabinet, no matter what driver you use. I doubt it would be worth doing.
  4. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, Chopshopamps.com
    OP, what is the goal? You may be able to eek out a teeny bit more volume by using a higher sensitivity driver, at the expense of low end.

You may be able to make it more resistant to fartout by getting a driver with higher power handling and xmax, at the expense of sensitivity.

You may do nothing more than throw away money that could go towards a piece of gear that would suit you better if your current gear isnt to your liking.

Is the combo amp a ported design, and does it have a connector for an external speaker in parallel with the internal?
    dralionux likes this.
  5. Basslite S2012 as it matches your wattage output. I put a S2012 in my V2 Rumble 75 and love it. @eric_B put a Deltalite in his V3 Rumble 100 raves about it, and wrote a thread about it and other mods he did. It's worth searching up. Whichever one you choose, be sure to line your cabinet properly.
    DenverontheOne, eric_B and AstroSonic like this.