1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Rumble v3 40 problem

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassliner50, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Hi all, I have a Fender rumble v3 40 combo which I use for in home practice. It seems that lately the sound is intermittent. (sounds perfect, then crackling and lower volume then nothing then normal. repeat). Fortunately I think I found the cause of the intermitancy. If I handle the 1/4" plug in the input jack and move it left then right, the same symptom occurs. OK, so it is likely the input jack is soldered directly on the circuit board and the stresses of everyday use, are making these connections to the printed circuit board fail. That or the input jack contact is sprung and needs to be bent to make a more positive connection. You know the drill, I removed the front grill, pulled the 10" speaker and disconnected it. Then went around the back and removed all the screws that appear to mount the front panel/amplifier assembly. When all screws were removed, I could not budge the amp unit from the tolex covered cabinet. I tried various ways to get te amp to separate from the cabinet. Unsuccessful. How does one remove the amp assembly without using undue force?
    Oh yes, bought this second hand so do not want to involve Fender or the warrantee. Much easier, faster, less stressful for me to do it myself. I am consistently capable in these matters. Can anyone offer help or had experience removing a newer Rumble amp? Thanks of any suggestions!!!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  2. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    I believe that Fender's five-year warranty is transferable, so the fact that you bought it used shouldn't matter if you have the original receipt.

3. I have no receipt. Bought it off CL. $100. Thanks for responding though.

JakobT likes this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 17, 2021