1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Rumble V3 crackle pop hiss

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mav, Dec 22, 2017.

1. mav

mav

Jun 10, 2003
    Love my Rumble 500 but lately it's started making some crackle pops and hisses when the fan kicks in while I'm not playing.
    I've tried,
    1. plugging in head phones - still happens
    2. plugging directly into the RETURN - still happens to a far lesser degree
    3. not having instrument plugged in at all - still happens

Anyone experience this?

2. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Burn It!

3. Haven't experienced similar in my Rumble. .. but. .. in any amp with an fx loop, I'll always check n clean it 1st...then if there's tubes. ..I'll check them.
    So. ..try. ..spraying a little Deoxit on to a jack plug and plugging it in n outta the fx send n return a few times.
    I've done this to a few amps that've had problems that I didn't think would be related and it's worked.
    Worth a shot

OpposableThumbs likes this.
  4. 2. You need to plug from Return to Send, but maybe that's what you meant?
    Though if it only happens with the fan running, that probably won't fix it.

Wait! What are you plugging directly into the Return? Your bass?

Can you tell if the noise is coming from the fan, like a mechanical noise, or is it coming through the amp... electrical noise?

What happens when you are playing?

5. mav

mav

Jun 10, 2003
    Yes bass straight into the RETURN, just to text if it's a problem from the power amp or pre amp.

It comes through the speaker or headphones when the fan turns on.

Playing of knob turning doesn't make it crackle, just when the fan comes on.

6. BadExample

BadExample

Jan 21, 2016
    Injiana
    SCOOPED FENDER HATER!!!

7. :eek:

BadExample likes this.
  8. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    If your amp is still under warranty (likely, if you are the original owner) then you should contact a warranty service center and have it taken care of under warranty.

rodl2005 likes this.
  9. mav

mav

Jun 10, 2003
    Bought it used so no warranty

10. agedhorse

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Well then, a Fender service can still get your amp fixed, but on your dime unfortunately.

11. FWIW Fender claims that the Rumble line is "Non Field Serviceable. No parts available."

12. agedhorse

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Correct, it can be serviced at any authorized Fender electronics service center. Give customer service a call.

13. BadExample

BadExample

Jan 21, 2016
    Injiana
    That was a joke, based on bro. Linnin's response to a post I made trying to help a fella on the Ruble club thread with his Carvin amp with a Fender cab. His response was similar. Little did I know, the pages before were discussing how so many Fender haters claim anything Fender is scooped. So it sent me into shock for a minute until I read back a little and got his joke.

The forum version of an answer song :D

14. Yeah, I got his joke, got your's and responded in kind. ;)

Merry Christmas everyone.

BassmanPaul likes this.
  15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021