1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Rumble V3 mod: separating amp and speaker

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by eric_B, Apr 13, 2016.

1. That Old Guy

That Old Guy

Apr 12, 2018
    $89 delivered to my door for the Eminence, which I much prefer to Seismic Audio. What happens if the switch gets thrown while you're playing? I looked at some jacks that actually break the connection from the source when you plug something in. That would be the ideal set up but I was going for cheap and reliable.

2. leerod054

leerod054

Sep 28, 2018
    Texas
    The switch is recessed on the plate cuz the place recessed into the back so there's no chance of the switch being thrown unless you do it manually nothing can hit it at all so that should answer your question

3. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

The comment was not aimed at you Bro but to the OP using SpeakOns

4. five7

five7 Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Denver
    Has anyone tried a 2-10 or 4-10 cab with the r 40 head.

5. I've used the amplifier in the rumble 40 combo to drive two 10's, two 12's and a 15. Worked well with all of them. The driver pairs were wired in parallel for a 4 ohm load. The chip amp with the stock heat sinking are rated to handle a 4 ohm load and produce about 65w. Fender does not rate it for such use, so this surely voids the warranty. I've played it to just below where it turns dirty for extended periods, and it barely gets warm. OTOH, I played the Rumble 40 (S2010/8ohm load) in near 100 degree heat (no shade). The gig had to be moved outside due to unexpectedly good attendance. After 2 1/2 hours it was pretty warm, though not too hot to touch. I never push it into dirt - the overload distortion from this amplifier does not sound very musical to my ears. Operation into 4 ohms has been reliable for me, but ymmv. If you will be pushing it into dirt, all bets are off. Use an 8 ohm (210 or 410) cab if you want to be safe.

6. Dang. So I should look for a used rumble 40 then.

7. You didn’t add extra bracing to the cab when changing drivers. When using the “delta cab “ with a 100 + watt amp does the cab hold up ? is there rattle is the cab stiff enough? Have you used used the cab/ driver at the Deltas Max power rating?.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  8. eric_B

eric_B

Apr 19, 2015
    The Netherlands
    I used it with my 500C and it hold up fine, although I didn't drive it too the absolute max.
    The cab is sturdy, I haven't had any rattle issues with it - although some items in the room started moving ;)

AstroSonic and G-Dog like this.
  9. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    The easy way to separate the amp from the speaker...get the roadie to help!

Giffs Peavey Amp Mascot.jpg

cratz2 and eric_B like this.
  10. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016

Giffy! Long time, no see! How you doing, buddy?

11. Yep that sounds like a Rumble you have there....Thank you. I’m next to try.

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2021