1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Fender Rumble V3 vs Genz Shuttle?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by project_c, May 1, 2016.

1. project_c

project_c

May 8, 2008
    London, UK
    A question about the small combos (Shuttle 3 and Rumble 40 for example). Slighlty tricky question because Shuttles are obviously no longer made, but can still be found second hand, usually for slightly more money than brand new Rumble combos. Am I right in thinking that the Rumble V3's have some Genz DNA in them somewhere? And if so, am I essentially getting some of the cleverness and niceness of Genz if I buy a Rumble combo, but for a little less money?

Feel free to correct me or make recommendations. I'm after a small combo and thinking either second hand Genz, or new Rumble.

2. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Cedar Knolls, NJ
    Which Genz Benz Shuttle combo are you comparing? The Shuttle 3.0 8T? The Shuttle combo is in a completely different league as it is 175 watts as a combo, and bumps up to 300 watts with an external speaker.

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  3. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    No, I don't think so, certainly not at the smaller level.

Linnin likes this.
  4. project_c

project_c

May 8, 2008
    London, UK
    Yes, either the 8 or 10. Love them, I had the 8 years ago and stupidly sold it. Could really do with it now.

Thanks for chiming in, I appreciate it. I think I'll have to just bite the bullet and pick up a Genz.

5. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    No. The Fender Rumble line is product of the genius of Fender's Principal Engineer Dave Lewis and his design team. As Jeff Genzler has stated elsewhere, F.M.I.C. deliberately kept him in the dark as they would soon shutter Genz-Benz and put them on the shelf.

6. project_c

project_c

May 8, 2008
    London, UK
    I'm just going to update this thread real quick - I ended up buying the Genz, and I'm about to go and gig it in a few minutes, but I just plugged it in at home, and.. OH MY GOD this thing sounds beautiful.

I can't believe I ever sold the old one. Jeezus. New Genz addict right here. I know I'm a few years late to that party, but better late than never.

reddog and revroy like this.
  7. hasbeen

hasbeen Commercial User

Sep 23, 2004
    Vice President, KMC/JAM USA: Distributor of Ashdown amplification
    There is no Genz Benz DNA in the Rumble.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 13, 2021