1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender rumble v3

Discussion in 'Rockabilly [DB]' started by Custard cat, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Custard cat

Custard cat

Apr 1, 2018
    England
    For rockabilly double bass slapping this is a cracking little amp.Plenty of volume to keep up with a snare and bass drum played with sticks or brushes in practice,for gigging just DI out the back of the amp to the PA.The best thing about the amp is the sound,I don't use the overdrive or the 3 button presets,there is a enough tonal scope with 4 band Eq for double bass.I use a K and K Bass max pickup stright in to the amp with out a preamp and it sounds great.The stock speaker is nice, nice warm tight sound with a good bottom end.I use Superior Bassworks strings and the 10'' speaker really suits this sound.Great 50's type sound for rockabilly.But this amp can do modern sounds just as well.IT'S A GOOD AMP,for the money.

Attached Files:

2. Max George

Max George

Dec 27, 2015
    I’ve got one just like it that I love!! Light as a feather also!

Custard cat likes this.
  3. Max George

Max George

Dec 27, 2015
    My tone controls are set the same as yours. I use the distortion with a foot switch, volume off for mute. I have a Studio Slips cover for it, great combination.

Custard cat likes this.
  4. Custard cat

Custard cat

Apr 1, 2018
    England
    Max George i am glad your happy with your amp,it's a good bit of kit for the money.Fattens up the bottom end of the upright really nice.

Max George likes this.