1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender "Rustic" series Bass please?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Calaverasgrande, Oct 20, 2013.

1. So I am looking though the latest online superstore catalog. And I see these really spiffy new Fender guitars.
    86ceb3c861ac3d7b0737b2ccde488ca3.
    There is the "Swirl" and the "Rustic" series.
    However no corresponding bass guitars. Checked the Fender site and nothing.
    Come on Fender. Bass players like pretty things too!
    And generally speaking, we like Ash bodied stuff as well!

(I really like that trans green with the reddish brown pg)

2. srsly? Nobody else sees the grave injustice?
    Oh yeah rosewood board bound and blocked.

back to Ultraman.

3. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

Oct 18, 2012
    Texas
    I wish fender would release more new cool stuff like that new dimension and not more old looking stuff. But that's just me.....;)

4. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Man Im all for more choices but that guitar with the maple neck looks like chocolate chip mint on a popsicle stick.

Trust me. Fender researched it. If there were markets for more those lines of basses (in other words profits to be made) they would make those basses. Running a business is not and SHOULD NOT be about equal opportunity buying options for bassists. It is about profit.

5. landau roof

landau roof Reupholstered User

Jul 29, 2010
    Downstate CA
    That brown ano'd guard is cool.

6. I dunno I swear the Fender Dimension and the Gibson EB are the same bass.
    Like a Pontiac Vibe and a Toyota Matrix.

7. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    It's not out of the question for them to offer something in the guitar line, and then follow up with a bass line .. they did that in '02 with the Hwy 1's ...

8. I don't get Fender sometimes.
    Like the Antigua reissues. To me the obvious thing would be to do the "vintage tint" on the neck lacquer. Because the plain standard poly on maple is pale as hell next to the Antigua finish.
    Or the lack of a matching headstock version on almost any models? (I know there are a couple, but not many).
    I'm still saving up to buy a Fender Japan Jazz Bass because they make the cool basses I like.

9. I thought rustic meant of a rural/ country nature - not sure what Fender mean by rustic - or is it a means of saying country without peeing off the anti country guitar market??!!

10. landau roof

landau roof Reupholstered User

Jul 29, 2010
    Downstate CA
    "Rustic" also describes the weathered, dilapidated structures that would be found in rural/country settings. I suppose the faded trans finishes are supposed to evoke sun-beaten wood and the brown ano'd pickguard, rusty tin and iron.

11. eldoryder

eldoryder I just LOVE me some Vintage Peaveys! Supporting Member

Jun 27, 2011
    Nacogdoches, TX
    I dunno...that body finish looks pretty "rustic" to ME. I think it looks a lot like an old, faded, whitewashed barn door!

12. Yeah, that's exactly what I thought, weathered paint on an old barn door.

13. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    I'd much rather see some more color choices on the RoadWorns. I think this line is an answer to a question no one was asking :) And, I think G&L is already using the 'rustic' term anyway.

14. It is a strange choice of a name. I just like the unusual color combo and the general vibe.

15. I saw a guy playing the white strat a couple weeks ago. Pretty cool - looked like it was just whitewashed.