1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Scam?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sicpuppy182, Oct 8, 2006.

1. sicpuppy182

sicpuppy182

Jun 20, 2006
    Is this the aerodyne precision just an attempt by fender to make some more cash by releasing the aerodyne with a different body? or does it actually contain significant difference from the aerodyne jazz?

2. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Isn't [any new bass model] just an attempt by [any bass maker] to make some more cash by releasing [the earlier version] with a different [part]?

3. sicpuppy182

sicpuppy182

Jun 20, 2006
    i suppose, but some one who has played both models could have noticed a difference

4. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    Its different. Aerodyne curves were added to a P-Bass body, with a P/J Configuration. Nice neck, same available finishes. Nails that P-bass tone, and plays nice and fast.

I like them, but its below a PBass Fretless my list of Fenders to Buy.

1. MIA 64 Jazz Bass NOS
    2. MIA Vintage 62' P-Bass
    3. MIA Custom Classic 4 String
    4. MIA Custom Classic 5 String
    5. MIA P-Bass Ash Deluxe P-Bass
    6. MIA Custom Shop 55' P-Bass Classic NOS
    7. MIA Jazz Bass Fretless
    8. MIA Tony Franklin P-Bass
    9. Anything Else! :D

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I must ask, how is this a scam? Even if it's electronically identical to the Aerodyne J, which I think it is, that doesn't make it the same bass. Even if it was, still not a scam. How do you see this?

6. sicpuppy182

sicpuppy182

Jun 20, 2006
    cuz the aerodyne precision is more expensive so if it were the same sound being produced and all the same hardware, but just a different look... i would see it as some what of a scam. that's why i asked. if i'm wrong far be it from me to continue calling it a scam

7. BadMonk

BadMonk Enjoy The Ride

Feb 25, 2006
    Whitehall, PA
    Different body, different color options...that's about it. Oh yeah, and the price. Otherwise same neck, electronics, tuners, etc.

8. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone.

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Yes, it's a scam! Don't buy one! Don't even play one. Those trans finishes and figured maple (veneer?) tops don't cost more money to manufacture. :rolleyes: :D

9. syciprider

syciprider Inactive

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    How can Fender employees go to bed at night knowing that they make basses for money?

10. I think that would be reason enough to call it something different.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 15, 2021