1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender/Schaller tuner part: fairly urgent!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bubba Love, May 10, 2006.

1. Hi,

I recently aquired a new Fender American Deluxe Jazz, which is lovely except for the fact that the screws holding the Fender/Schaller Lite tuning pegs in place can get a little loose. I looked behind there tonight and found the screw holding the E string tuner in place (the screw at the opposite end from the tuning handle itself) has come off. I managed to retrieve the screw from the bottom of my gig bag, but I couldn't find the washer-type bit that goes between the tuner and the black structure that holds it all together. It looks like it's gone walkabouts and I'll need it before I can tune this bass up again.

Does anyone know where I can get one of these things in the UK? I'm no handyman but I don't recognise it as a common household part. Is there a website I can order parts from? I've got a uni recital coming up quite soon and I really need this bass. Your help is much appreciated!

BTW: I would be willing to pay an appropriate sum if someone had one of these bits spare and would sell it to me.

2. *Bump* Anyone got any brilliant ideas? Anyone?

3. StringsOf4

StringsOf4

Dec 16, 2005
    Well, i've never seen this part before as i have no experience wth this tuner, but could you just stick something of the same thickness in there?

4. Daytona955i

Daytona955i

Feb 17, 2005
    Albany, NY
    Hm, I'm not quite sure what it is that you're talking about, but I bet if you took another one of the machines apart and took the part that you need to a luthier or even a hardware store, you might be able to find something that is suitable for a replacement.

Good luck, I hate it when I lose proprietary parts.