1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender SCNs vs Nordie NJ4sv

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by gimmeagig, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Hi ,
    I have a 74 jazz with a Sadowsky preamp and SCN pickups. I watched this test on youtube and now I'm curious about the Nordie NJ4sv pickups.
    They seem to be a bit brighter and clearer sounding than all the other pickups tested, except for the EMGs which are active.
    So now ( again) I'm wondering if I might be better off swapping the SCNs out. When I play them without the preamp they sound very similar to the Fender 74s in the test. Of course in active mode they sound pretty good , The highs are there but the lows are still a bit wooley. Maybe the Nordies are better if I'm after the Marcus sound? I do want hum cancelling pickups so Single coils are not an option for me.
    I have a Modulus Jazz with EMGs so I don't really want to duplicate that with the 74 Fender I have.
    Another question no the Nordies. I think it is possible to get them with 60s wind or 70s. Does anybody know what that difference is? Is one of them brighter? Is the output different?