1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender Select Jazz - New!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by peabody, Jul 2, 2014.

1. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    Price:
    Strings:
    I have for sale a brand new Fender Select Jazz bass. This is a beautiful bass with a very cool Amber Burst finish, and features a quartersawn maple neck with a rosewood board and pearloid blocks. I picked this up in a trade with a local dealer, and I came to realize I really don't need two Jazz basses (my '71 Jazz is definitely my keeper).

I am not kidding when I say it is new. The bag with the case candy has never been opened, the plastic is still on the pickguard, includes all the hang tags, etc. It has only left my house once...to take it my guitar tech and have a set of D'Addario Chromes put on and to have it set up. It is all ready to go. I'll even throw in the original strings if you want.

If you are not familiar with the Fender Select series, this is a description from the Fender website...
    "The Fender Select Jazz Bass elevates our most sonically versatile bass to the height of alluringly refined elegance and power, with a striking Amber Burst gloss-lacquer finish and flame maple top. Its modern “C” shaped quartersawn maple neck has Posiflex™ graphite support rods, a satin lacquer finish and rear-headstock “Fender Select” medallion. The smooth-playing compound radius rosewood fretboard (9.5”-14”) has 20 medium jumbo frets and stylish white pearloid position inlays. Two brand-new dual single-coil Fender Select Jazz Bass pickups pump warm and full low end, snarling midrange and ringing highs.
    Other premium features include a three-ply pickguard (parchment-black-parchment), High-Mass Vintage bridge (top-loading or strings-through-body), Fender/Hipshot® vintage-style tuners with tapered shafts, black Jazz Bass knobs, “stealth” string retainer and nickel-chrome hardware. Custom G&G Fender Select case, strap, cable and polishing cloth included."

Price is $1300 $1250 shipped to the lower 48....payable with PayPal or a USPS Money Order. I am not opposed to shipping this out of the U.S., so feel free to contact me for a shipping quote. While I certainly prefer a cash deal, I learned a long time ago to never say never to trades. My list would be pretty short though...vintage Fenders, US Laklands, Rickenbackers, etc. I'm a fretted, 4 string guy would likes thin necks, if that helps. I may also consider a trade + cash on your part, depending on what you have. All I can say is no.

Feel free to send me a "conversation" or shoot me an e-mail to peabody59@gmail.com if you have any questions. Thanks....

P1010737_zpsd7adb311.
    P1010738_zpsd3888141.
    P1010736_zpse3972191.
    P1010733_zps92b839f7.
    P1010734_zps832cae49.
    P1010740_zps254bfd36.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  2. tuci77

tuci77 BASSment Boutique

May 12, 2013
    New York
    American made ??

3. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    Absolutely....

4. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Pix Pix Pix

5. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    Pics added to original post....and what a beauty it is.

In anticipation of the next question...it weighs 8lbs and 14 oz on my postal scale.

6. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    A pic in the stand....

P1010730_zpsa312accb.

7. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    Price drop to $1250 shipped....

8. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    Bump....

9. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    ....and sold! Thanks everyone for your interest.